You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

James wrote:

It's the only real sign something is on tap. That tweet is probably just them reading the forums like the media always did years ago...and feeding fans back their own info/speculation.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:
James wrote:
GIbsonfan2024 wrote:

Go outside my man

Actually...I was outside when I made that post. It was my last day house-sitting for friends up near Sonora. Was outside a lot up here. I actually found the exact spot my dad and uncle Charlie used to poach salmon in the 1980s... Charlie would stand on the bridge with his rifle, shoot them, and my dad would swim out there to get them.

An out of this world fish fry would soon follow.

I even tried finding where I carved my initials on the bridge several times back in the day.....but no luck there.

You can see why....

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i … G_8829.JPG

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i … G_8811.JPG

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i … G_8842.JPG

That was one creepy place back in the day... especially at night. Just imagine the shit that went down there. I suppose the area earned its nickname "murderers gulch".

I'm home now...inside... reading my post again...and there's not a goddamn word I'd change in that post.

Killer!

I second that….great pics and story

Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:

It's the only real sign something is on tap. That tweet is probably just them reading the forums like the media always did years ago...and feeding fans back their own info/speculation.

Bait and switch as usual

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

All this obsessing and waiting for such a weak ass song. I mean even though I was tired of Hard Skool already by the time the revamped version was released it's still a decent track with a good chorus. Perhaps has a cool piano melody and a nice verse, but the same verse repeats and the chorus is awful. I'd go as far as to say unsalvageable.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

James wrote:
GIbsonfan2024 wrote:
James wrote:

Holy shit...you can buy 50 tickets to this show in one shot!

This could be downsized to a club show.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vect … 554986.jpg

A spoiled fan base, the economy, YouTube... anything but themselves.

I doubt the empty venues are even acknowledged by them. They've already been paid, Live Nation will eat any losses, and like I mentioned earlier...I think they're going on hiatus after this.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when these people and their minions who can't manage a lemonade stand are trying to brainstorm tour ideas.

They lucked into doing this in the era of the stadium legacy acts. Had they handled the reunion like this 15-20 years ago, it would've already crashed and burned.

They're lucky it went any further than 2018.

Remove the pandemic, and what we are about to witness on this tour leg would've happened in 2020-21.

All entertainment (music, movies) saw a post pandemic boost.

Go outside my man

Actually...I was outside when I made that post. It was my last day house-sitting for friends up near Sonora. Was outside a lot up here. I actually found the exact spot my dad and uncle Charlie used to poach salmon in the 1980s... Charlie would stand on the bridge with his rifle, shoot them, and my dad would swim out there to get them.

An out of this world fish fry would soon follow.

I even tried finding where I carved my initials on the bridge several times back in the day.....but no luck there.

You can see why....

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i … G_8829.JPG

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i … G_8811.JPG

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/i … G_8842.JPG

That was one creepy place back in the day... especially at night. Just imagine the shit that went down there. I suppose the area earned its nickname "murderers gulch".

I'm home now...inside... reading my post again...and there's not a goddamn word I'd change in that post.

That's one cool bridge.

Is the road abandoned or something?

Sonora, California?

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don’t see them hopping off this train.

I have no doubt there’s re-recorded material, enough for some kind of a physical release. There is plenty of footage for a live dvd and documentary for the last few tours. They’ve, according to Slash, have gone through the old UYI tour material. There is zero motivation to release it.

The fact nothing has been released in the last seven years for their reunion (DVD, documentary) is far more baffling than not releasing an album

They're not a normal band who work hard going through their archives to compile releases on a regular basis...Stones a great example of this.

They don't give a shit about anything but tour revenue...and TB clearly handles the shit merch.

Look at what they offer fan club members.

They can't even bother to spend 10 seconds at a show mentioning their own box sets...causing them to immediately wither on the vine.

Too lazy to compile a new GH so they instead push the GH they begged us to boycott 20 years ago.

They won't even bother doing a Live Era LP rerelease knowing fans who want it have to pay crazy prices.

They don't care.

If you're not in a Live Nation/Ticketmaster online queue to buy tickets to hear the 30 year old chestnuts....you don't matter.

They have to hop off the train this year because the train is about to crash. They stayed so long that the casuals are sick of the routine...and there's not enough hardcores to keep the money flowing in.

They're finding out why the Stones take lengthy breaks between world tours.

The Stones are smart with their brand.

They are smart with it.

They've got such a deep catalogue though.

This band has what 3 albums with the somewhat originals and Axl's new Guns vision. They just have no catalogue.

It really is a pathetic band in that regard.

To think people thought they were going to be the Stones or Zeppelin.

This band is just pathetic. Can't release any new albums, takes their fan base for granted.

That Perhaps song that they're teasing isn't even that good. Well the leak ain't.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

All this obsessing and waiting for such a weak ass song. I mean even though I was tired of Hard Skool already by the time the revamped version was released it's still a decent track with a good chorus. Perhaps has a cool piano melody and a nice verse, but the same verse repeats and the chorus is awful. I'd go as far as to say unsalvageable.

I think Perhaps is a highlight of Axl as a songwriter and a huge tragedy he didn’t get to show it off in 02-06. Totally didn’t expect it and was blown away by it. Not saying it would be a huge hit or anything, or that it would be universally beloved

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

http://gunsnroses.lnk.to/perhaps
August 11th

perr.png
perhap.png

Oh and the coundown timer does not match up to the release date, not sure what that means

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think the demo of perhaps is a great classic Axl piano type song.

Based on the live rehearsal it sounds like the modern version will be pretty much the same thing.

I like it. The only hard bit is waiting like years on end for 1 or 2 songs at a time.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I think Perhaps is a highlight of Axl as a songwriter and a huge tragedy he didn’t get to show it off in 02-06. Totally didn’t expect it and was blown away by it. Not saying it would be a huge hit or anything, or that it would be universally beloved

Yeah, I realize I'm in the minority on this one. I just think the chorus is too cluttered and has a weak melody.

Board footer