You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
James wrote:

A good example would be

This I Love. Isn't there practically another song buried in the mix?

Catcher and Better. Way too fucking abrasive. Clean it up and let these songs breathe.

CD - Remove the garbage from it.

Oh...and get that bass up in the mix.

It wouldn't take much for someone to improve the album.

Agreed...a good example to me is the title track - the demo of that is so powerful in the verses with Tommy's bass chugging loudly, and its almost totally lost in the final mix.

I know this will be an unpopular idea with you guys as you're big bucket fans etc....but I was listening to Hardschool, Perhaps and Absurd in the car...then swapped over to Chinese - and it was so obvious to me how badly it needs a rock mix to fit with the back catalogue.

It's a wonderful artistic album as it was. But I would love to hear a studio of Slash/Duff on the title track, TIL (with the scream vocals from the dance remix), Catcher and better, with re-recorded parts from Slash/Duff. Make it as like a bonus EP or something to fill in time before their next originals project. It doesn't have to replace the original version in the shops either, more like a special edition disc 2 or something. It's just every time I see Slash and Duff play them live I realise how hollow those recordings sounded in the final mix.

It's not unprecedented...

LetItBeNaked.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I’d be up for a re-record of This I Love.

CD’s biggest problem is Ron

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I’d be up for a re-record of This I Love.

CD’s biggest problem is Ron

Other than the mix in general...I agree.

Its next problem is they turned Tommy into the Jason Newstead of the band.

It's actually disrespectful...can you imagine Duff's bass being buried like that?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The final version of Catcher in the Rye is a disaster. Massive waste of potential.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The final version of Catcher in the Rye is a disaster. Massive waste of potential.

The one off the village disc is perfect. I said it when the leaks happened that I believe catcher, perhaps, and atlas were all linked together. At least in Axls mind. Kinda like a trilogy but not that deep.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The one off the village disc is perfect. I said it when the leaks happened that I believe catcher, perhaps, and atlas were all linked together. At least in Axls mind. Kinda like a trilogy but not that deep.

Thank God the locker leak happened. Finally got a clean, high quality copy of the Brian May version of Catcher. The old leak from 2006 was pretty low audio quality by comparison.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

What’s the locker room leaks again?

Also, I have ate my words. Good on the band for releasing music.

Hopefully an album is on the horizon.

Board footer