You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Isn't Bucket's Shackler solo basically inaudible?

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Isn't Bucket's Shackler solo basically inaudible?

I believe you can hear it buried in the guitar multitrack but it's been years since I listened

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Bucket plays solos on Sorry, If The World, Shacklers and Scraped, CD outro after Finck, SOD outro…..he’s all over the album! Read the credits again!

He doesn’t play “the” solo on Shackler’s. Like the only one that’s an actual solo with no vocals. He’s probably the outro.

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:

I was going to say Bucket is all over CD.

Reading over this thread, I had no idea the hoarders had CD2 since 2008.  I always assumed it was from 2012 on.

I just read this article and it mentions a song I haven't seen anyone talk about, maybe one of the other unknown songs that were recorded during the sessions. If real Axl had done a collaboration with Joe Strummer from the Clash before he passed away.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose- … n-new-york

Shacklermyrye

guts wrote:

I was going to say Bucket is all over CD.

Reading over this thread, I had no idea the hoarders had CD2 since 2008.  I always assumed it was from 2012 on.

I just read this article and it mentions a song I haven't seen anyone talk about, maybe one of the other unknown songs that were recorded during the sessions. If real Axl had done a collaboration with Joe Strummer from the Clash before he passed away.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose- … n-new-york

If I remember right Janky Holocaust was a hoax.

Weirdly a fake leak of Thyme in 2008 that got bundled in with all the other fakes has an odd coincidence to it. It was meant to be by a band called decoder and the song was called All I Ever Wanted.

The title lines up with a song name from the engel & engel paperwork that leaked years later. Anyone remember this?

Shacklermyrye

I should be more specific.

One person on CD.Com called deaddemocracy claimed it was fake & that it was by Decoder and was called All I Ever Wanted. It was a 44 second clip that I haven't heard myself that was meant to have a pink floyd style guitar part & Axl stlye scream. Everyone seemed pretty dead set it was fake. Then years later that same song name crops up again.

seems odd

Shacklermyrye

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

It's interesting how the fan base seems to go through stages of not knowing that the second album has been in circulation since at least 2008.

Those leaks in 06 of Catcher and the older versions of TWAT and IRS. That same source was a six song disc/tape transfer that included Hard School, Atlas and Prostitute.

If the disc i'm talking about from April 08 that had 6 songs on was played to execs to gauge opinion on single choice, then it seems logical the disc you are talking about was made for the same purpose years before. Given how many times that album was delayed it makes you wonder how many of those discs were made over the years.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I should be more specific.

One person on CD.Com called deaddemocracy claimed it was fake & that it was by Decoder and was called All I Ever Wanted. It was a 44 second clip that I haven't heard myself that was meant to have a pink floyd style guitar part & Axl stlye scream. Everyone seemed pretty dead set it was fake. Then years later that same song name crops up again.

seems odd

I don't remember that one....or what guts posted above.

Only collaboration rumor I remember is Lionel Richie on Se7en. Can't hardly believe no one asked him about it during the forum chats in 2008. He was asked way too many stupid questions..those chats were largely a waste.

Oh shit...I just remembered another one...a duet for this song although that one was definitely bullshit...

bucket discussion....

While Bucket definitely improved a few of the songs no doubt....IRS, TWAT, Riad, and was great on If the World and Sorry....I can definitely see Polluxlm's point. The Village Sessions leak showed that the first album was ready to go without him.

I'll say it til the cows come home....they ruined Sorry. It went from a killer Giant Robot instrumental with a creepy vibe to a GNR song about Slash/fans.

It would've been better as a Buckethead or Praxis track.

Edit

Those six song discs you guys are talking about....

One(or more) of those had instrumentals too. Everyone is forgetting that.

Shacklermyrye

Janky Holocaut came from this April fools thing
https://www.spin.com/2006/04/guns-n-ros … nterscope/

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Bucket plays solos on Sorry, If The World, Shacklers and Scraped, CD outro after Finck, SOD outro…..he’s all over the album! Read the credits again!

He plays a lot of solos but few of them are great. It's more chicken cooping than twatting. If he brought his Rio Madagascar game to every song I would be overcome with joy, but as it stands his contributions to CD are disappointing. BBF and Robin are just as important in the credits. Being a much better player he should be dominating.

Board footer