You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Brodie 2 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Been around on and off since 2006 started with Newgnr.com although lurked for a few years before that. Never been on HTGTH so must of been mygnr. None of them are as active as they were back in the day tbf, although like you say people sadly are passing away like Brodie.
God even the concept of a proboards forum

I'm dead? News to me.

But you know what is truly dead and buried? I'll give you a hint. It starts with "G" and ends with "Roses". As your humble counselor, I would advise the remaining stragglers of this message board to pursue yoga, weightlifting, dianetics, a healthy diet and vitamin regiment, the intricacies of the United States economic system, learning a second language, hell, learning how to speak English properly in the first place, basic logic, stocking up on food and ammunition, the art of cunnilingus, or perhaps, if you're feeling bold, hitting yourself on the head with a large hammer for an hour or two. These are just cursory suggestions but I sincerely promise you - all of these are far more noble pursuits than giving Axl Rose another minute of your time.

As a final adieu, do you think that Mr. Rose finally realized what an incompetent fuck-up he was in 2008 after the two self-sabotaged big payday reunion attempts and his soft blacklisting from the industry or how else do you explain his psychotic break and subsequent stay in the loony bin? Oh, you thought he just vanished from doing promo for no reason?

Jokes (like this band) aside, I wish everyone the best.

-L!

According to Sweersa at Mygnr, you have Soul Monster and probably the rest of CD2, so it's easy for you to tell others to stop wasting their time following the band, as it obviously has nothing more to offer you. The rest of us aren't so fortunate.

Is that aimed at me or Brodie 2? I certainly don't have those things. Wish I did

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Brodie 2 wrote:

I'm dead? News to me.

But you know what is truly dead and buried? I'll give you a hint. It starts with "G" and ends with "Roses". As your humble counselor, I would advise the remaining stragglers of this message board to pursue yoga, weightlifting, dianetics, a healthy diet and vitamin regiment, the intricacies of the United States economic system, learning a second language, hell, learning how to speak English properly in the first place, basic logic, stocking up on food and ammunition, the art of cunnilingus, or perhaps, if you're feeling bold, hitting yourself on the head with a large hammer for an hour or two. These are just cursory suggestions but I sincerely promise you - all of these are far more noble pursuits than giving Axl Rose another minute of your time.

As a final adieu, do you think that Mr. Rose finally realized what an incompetent fuck-up he was in 2008 after the two self-sabotaged big payday reunion attempts and his soft blacklisting from the industry or how else do you explain his psychotic break and subsequent stay in the loony bin? Oh, you thought he just vanished from doing promo for no reason?

Jokes (like this band) aside, I wish everyone the best.

-L!

According to Sweersa at Mygnr, you have Soul Monster and probably the rest of CD2, so it's easy for you to tell others to stop wasting their time following the band, as it obviously has nothing more to offer you. The rest of us aren't so fortunate.

Is that aimed at me or Brodie 2? I certainly don't have those things. Wish I did

Brodie. Sweersa said he was an executive who had CD 2 tracks, specifically Soul Monster but probably more.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Brodie. Sweersa said he was an executive who had CD 2 tracks, specifically Soul Monster but probably more.

Lol if true what a loser hanging out on the forums using it as a place to shit on the band that probably cost him a bunch of money.

Don’t believe it though.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Brodie 2 wrote:

Well, to the best of my knowledge Axl hasn't used someone's mental health as a stick to beat them with, which makes him a better person than you, at least.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I hear the surprise gift people got when ordering the nightrain live cd thing were unsold copies of hardschool and Absurd. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in more songs being officially released.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I hear the surprise gift people got when ordering the nightrain live cd thing were unsold copies of hardschool and Absurd. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in more songs being officially released.

Fernando was a very frequent poster on GNR reddit and an occasional poster on MYGNR up until the physical release of Hard Skool. Since then he's completely ghosted the entire online GNR community. I feel after the disaster of the L&L set and the apparent poor sales of Hard Skool they realize they aren't going to get that much money out of the hardcores so they don't care anymore.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Wow. That is fucking insane. I have never heard of any band tossing its unsold crap to hardcore fans.

It shows that the rollout of the "EP" was even worse than we thought.

What makes it even funnier is they could have easily gave those away in contests.... but that would require effort with no money being made from it....so that makes such an idea a no go.

the apparent poor sales of Hard Skool they realize they aren't going to get that much money out of the hardcores so they don't care anymore.

Two reasons for the abandonment of the forums....

This was never about any forward movement...it was about touring...and the reunion didn't need hardcores for that when this shindig got underway.

Hardcores aren't swallowing their horse shit anymore...and they know it.

They can't even depend on their hardcore base to buy box sets and singles....so we're worthless to them. Hardcore fans of other bands are expected to buy this stuff first week of release.

They referred to us years ago as pond scum not deserving of an album. Everyone should've believed them.... because they clearly weren't exaggerating.

It's kinda funny that they are surprised that the pond scum didn't buy up all these copies...so they gotta unload them to the handful of hardcores who will still pay to be in their fan club. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they talk about the fans paying for that shit.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

If that EP had some actual promo and was an actual EP, not a glorified single, then hardcorea would have bought it.

If they had done a release with:

4 New Tracks (instead of 2 leaked tracks, one that has had cringe school bell effects added and the other being the divisive Silkworms. It needed at least one unleaked track to hype the fan base)
A special edition that included the bonus live tracks + instrumentals
A deluxe edition that included the special edition on CD + Vinyl + some other trinkets like a small book, a couple of merch items

And then if they did some actual promotion for it - Axl doesn't need to lift a finger, just have Slash and Duff do it.

Do all that... and it's better received I think.

But also... how many CDs and vinyl are they expecting to sell in 2021/2022! Even hardcores now, a lot don't buy physical and just stream it. They need to reset their expectations.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

But also... how many CDs and vinyl are they expecting to sell in 2021/2022! Even hardcores now, a lot don't buy physical and just stream it. They need to reset their expectations.

It's only them that can't move physical product. Other major acts sell out almost immediately.

I think the point of no return has been reached....the fan base has been teased, mocked, and shit on one too many times.

We're not buying what they are selling.

I also think they know it now...and this is why no more songs will be coming.

This is my last year following this crap. They don't want our type following anyways...and I'm about to give them what they want.

Just let em push tacky shirts and scented candles to the casuals until they run out of road.

It's probably why they want Hard School out of the way....gotta make room for more shitty merch.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Just let em push tacky shirts and scented candles to the casuals until they run out of road.

It's probably why they want Hard School out of the way....gotta make room for more shitty merch.

Problem here is that if they are bleeding casuals no one is buying that half assed merchandise.  All I can say is that Izzy lucked out when they got too greedy and left him out of the reunion.

Board footer