You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

ClaudeF wrote:
Dadud wrote:
James wrote:

Listened to those soundcheck clips again. It's really hard to tell....it could be Oklahoma...or something else. We needed a longer clip.

I remember someone "INSIDERY" (MSL maybe?)  mentioned that "The General" might be actually a combination of a bunch of ideas explored in the instrumental demos on the rough mix CDs, So i wouldnt be shocked if that rehersal clip from last year turned out to be part of the general

Good to see you here!

Has anyone come up with an explanation of how “Thyme” and “PRL” fit together?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Just listened to mysterious soundcheck song #2 and the last minute of Oklahoma again. They sound nothing alike. You people are high.

yes....
yes I am...

I think it's Oklahoma... and it actually sounds like a GN'R song.

Sidenote - just listened to the locker leak of it - what a treat to actually be able to hear Tommy's bass! Completely buried on most the final CD album

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Just listened to mysterious soundcheck song #2 and the last minute of Oklahoma again. They sound nothing alike. You people are high.

For me this jam in rehersal:

https://streamable.com/9u5mpk

Sounds kinda like the passage between 0.15 seconds and 0.25 seconds in this:

But I could be wrong 3

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

jimmythegent wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

yes....
yes I am...

I think it's Oklahoma... and it actually sounds like a GN'R song.

Sidenote - just listened to the locker leak of it - what a treat to actually be able to hear Tommy's bass! Completely buried on most the final CD album

I think it's Oklahoma possibly
but it's this that makes me think it could be one of the songs that's coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNBfTGvn3fw

Shacklermyrye

Perhaps a little bit of vocals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJhVL1CwNqI

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
Dadud wrote:
James wrote:

Listened to those soundcheck clips again. It's really hard to tell....it could be Oklahoma...or something else. We needed a longer clip.

I remember someone "INSIDERY" (MSL maybe?)  mentioned that "The General" might be actually a combination of a bunch of ideas explored in the instrumental demos on the rough mix CDs, So i wouldnt be shocked if that rehersal clip from last year turned out to be part of the general

Good to see you here!

I think they were combined at one point as one song (Thyme has orchestration), and they were both due to appear on the second album, possibly as the first song.

Shacklermyrye

sp1at wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Good to see you here!

I think they were combined at one point as one song (Thyme has orchestration), and they were both due to appear on the second album, possibly as the first song.

I hear that Beltrami's second session of work didn't include Thyme. If they intended to use it (which it seems like they did from what you say) then they must of been happy with his initial work. Perhaps it didn't require more work like the other 3 did because it was just an intro, if you line them up it's quite hard to make the two work as anything other than an intro or extended outro like Prossy had.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
sp1at wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Good to see you here!

I hear that Beltrami's second session of work didn't include Thyme. If they intended to use it (which it seems like they did from what you say) then they must of been happy with his initial work. Perhaps it didn't require more work like the other 3 did because it was just an intro, if you line them up it's quite hard to make the two work as anything other than an intro or extended outro like Prossy had.

The PRL/Thyme thing dates back to 2000. At that point, there were two albums for release. Around 2006 there were three albums due for release, despite there being 2 and a half albums worth of material. They were to be released 2 years apart, then there were plans afoot for a reunion, but I'm not sure Axl was ever aware of this, or if it was driven by him. I don't know. It was supposed to happen on the 25th anniversary of afd

Beltrami told someone on my site years ago that Seven was based on the movie of the same name.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Another interesting thought.

I think Prostitute is a great song, but the demo had that fire and ice feel to it, as per the description before it was released, but it got lost in the mastering imo for the final album.

I note now that Axl is getting Ted Jensen to master, who is all about loudness. I wonder if Axl regrets the mastering of CD, and the choices he made

Shacklermyrye

sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The PRL/Thyme thing dates back to 2000. At that point, there were two albums for release. Around 2006 there were three albums due for release, despite there being 2 and a half albums worth of material. They were to be released 2 years apart, then there were plans afoot for a reunion, but I'm not sure Axl was ever aware of this, or if it was driven by him. I don't know. It was supposed to happen on the 25th anniversary of afd

Beltrami told someone on my site years ago that Seven was based on the movie of the same name.

The movie thing I did know from somewhere I guess that's why some people call it Se7en. There's a bit of a repeating theme from songs back then about killers CITR,Zodiac,

Did Beltrami tell you anything about any guest appearances on The General from a female singer? There were reports of it in 2003 on a few sites, though seems largely forgotten by the fanbase. Sarah Brightman, Andrew Lloyd Webbers ex wife.

Board footer