You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

sp1at wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Why is this utter twat (Fermanager) panicking every time there's even a hint of something being worked on? Is he afraid he's going to get badgered by the 30-50 of us who still care about new music? He hasn't interacted with GNR fans on Reddit or Mygnr in two years, so why give a shit?

It's a bit sad, to be fair.

I can understand not posting on Reddit and that, but removing stories pertaining to new material is a bit over the top. It's overmanagement, and it put ls the band in a bad light, whereas the stories they are removing are positive.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

This is another one of the fake leaks from back in the day. Does anyone know anything about the band who did it? because I can find nothing on them at all. If someone posted it back in the day as a fake leak then I assume the scream at 34 seconds in was added by them. It reminds me of the scream sample in Absurd a bit. Again kind of like that "Oh the humanity" clip this seems like somthing Brain would come up with.

[/embed]

Nothing showed up when I tried to identify it with the Shazam app.

The production sounds different from the storage locker leaks. Can’t put it into words but this just has a different feel.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

This is another one of the fake leaks from back in the day. Does anyone know anything about the band who did it? because I can find nothing on them at all. If someone posted it back in the day as a fake leak then I assume the scream at 34 seconds in was added by them. It reminds me of the scream sample in Absurd a bit. Again kind of like that "Oh the humanity" clip this seems like somthing Brain would come up with.

[/embed]

Nothing showed up when I tried to identify it with the Shazam app.

The production sounds different from the storage locker leaks. Can’t put it into words but this just has a different feel.

I think that "leak" was maybe around 2004/05. Very low sound quality, I ripped it off Youtube at 320kbps but as you can see the actual quality is far lower than that
Screenshot-4.png

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
sp1at wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Why is this utter twat (Fermanager) panicking every time there's even a hint of something being worked on? Is he afraid he's going to get badgered by the 30-50 of us who still care about new music? He hasn't interacted with GNR fans on Reddit or Mygnr in two years, so why give a shit?

I can understand not posting on Reddit and that, but removing stories pertaining to new material is a bit over the top. It's overmanagement, and it put ls the band in a bad light, whereas the stories they are removing are positive.

And liked kicking people out of shows and listening parties, and no telling how many forums. It is sad. He was gifted a primo position while never paying his dues working his way up and learning through managing companies. It’s obvious he has no idea what he’s doing and it’s just so bushleague and mediocre.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I think that "leak" was maybe around 2004/05. Very low sound quality, I ripped it off Youtube at 320kbps but as you can see the actual quality is far lower than that
https://i.postimg.cc/XNG8nWcm/Screenshot-4.png

This looks interesting. What is it showing you (I don’t know how to interpret the image) and how did you create it? What program?

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:
sp1at wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

And liked kicking people out of shows and listening parties, and no telling how many forums. It is sad. He was gifted a primo position while never paying his dues working his way up and learning through managing companies. It’s obvious he has no idea what he’s doing and it’s just so bushleague and mediocre.

Man, you nailed the entire TB problem right there. They got hired as Axl’s yes-men, not as mentors to help him remain true to his artistic visions WHILE functioning in the real world, or as negotiators — between GNR and business entities like promoters and record labels, between the band members, etc.

We never would have gotten Chinese Democracy if they had been in charge in 2008.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

New Slash solo album out next year. More along the lines of the 2010 album with guest singers, but this one will apparently be more blues oriented.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sla … 23579.html

But as for his possibly most anticipated future project — long-rumored new GNR music — he plays coy again. “It comes out when it comes out,” he says with a big grin. “So, you know, just stay tuned.”

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

The reason TB does this shit is because it's the only power they actually have. The general public/casual audience has no idea they exist...and never will.

They lived on the forums 2000s-2010s. They loved mocking and taunting the hardcore base. Don't forget...they perceive us as pond scum undeserving of an album. That's an actual quote by the way...just don't remember which site they posted it on.

When some little scrap of info that's positive gets out, they're not trying to remove/censor/hide this info from the general public....it's us.

They also 100% approved the 16 years and counting policy of removing so much GNR content from YouTube. These people couldn't run a lemonade stand.

I'll never forget the vid where Axl is taking photos with fans, is visibly getting irritated at the situation that was set up, and yells at Beta and Fernando, “you wanted to be the mangers, so manage this.”

Wow...even he knows they ain't worth a bottle of goose piss.

It's such a shame he ever allowed this to happen.

It's all he has professionally. He has to do something. He certainly can’t get an album released or restructure a contract

Yeah...this is the reason for nothing post-Azoff. They literally don't know what they're doing. They just travel with the band essentially pretending to be actual managers. It's worthy of a bad, cheesy sitcom.

Why he got pissed off at Moby (and continues to to this day) for asking that Q is the weird part to me

Because Moby actually wanted to get to work. Action...not talk.

It was such a collosal fuck.up. There's some alternate timeline where there's a GNR album produced by Moby in 1998-99.

A very small taste of what we could've had....

We need to vote with our wallets.

I'm already there. They don't get a dime from me until something resembling an album is released.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Why he got pissed off at Moby (and continues to to this day) for asking that Q is the weird part to me.

Maybe Axl just has a keenly-attuned sense of when someone is a creepy little weirdo?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ … ing-memoir

While I'm a massive Portman fan...I don't believe her. She was known to be fairly wild at the time...and again in the mid 2000s...but always liked keeping it under the radar. Always protective of her image... and even more so after marriage/children.

Thank God Moby didn't beat the shit out of her and make her shit in a litter box... imagine Axl's senses going off on those vibes.....

Shacklermyrye wrote:

[/embed]

Hmm...I don't remember this one.

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:

Board footer