You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

James wrote:

We're lucky they're even talking about releasing material.

It can barely be categorized as talking.

Slash has mentioned it a couple times...and the second time he claimed to not remember how many he worked on even though the number is in the single digits.

It hasn't been mentioned since.

If the song(s) is not already in the labels hands.... we're not getting it.

What sucks as a hardcore fan is the fact that if releasing the song(s) has been abandoned...a real possibility...they will never have to explain what happened. The media will not call them out on it because they don't care, casuals don't know or care, and they abandoned the forums.... which leaves the hardcore base twisting in the wind as usual.

In that scenario...the GNR camp will simply act as if nothing had ever been said on the subject.

Management probably interacted with someone who has a functioning brain who told them that if they're unwilling to do anything promo wise with these releases (Hard School EP, UYI box), there's simply no point in releasing anything because the sales are and will continue to be abysmal.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

We did get the two so at least initially it was more than just talk. Whatever that means for the future is up in the air, but the possibility persists. As long as Axl doesn't have to do anything it could happen. It would be almost tragicomic if it is the label that has put a wrench in plans, by complaining about the lack of sales. I can picture Axl not caring himself.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I've been saying this for a while but if they're a nostalgia act with no intention of releasing anything, then be honest and say that.

Kiss don't BS about what they are. If this is all you're gonna do, then at least front up.

The dangling of the carrot and the occasional comment... That's what is most frustrating.

Inevitably Slash or Duff will be interviewed and be asked again. I hope if nothing is soon they say that honestly. I'll expect they'll BS again.

James

James wrote:

I can picture Axl not caring himself.

Clearly.

Not just him....Slash and Duff too.

87-93

AFD
Lies
KOHD (Days of Thunder)
Civil War
UYI
TSI

16-23

Absurd
Hard School

Out of all the major acts, this reunion was the least productive of them all.

As long as Axl doesn't have to do anything it could happen

Maybe...but this has been true for eons. Hell... his vocals have been finished since before Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Adele even had careers. Thats how much time has transpired here.

It would be almost tragicomic if it is the label that has put a wrench in plans, by complaining about the lack of sales

I don't think the label cares. If they did...some sort of compilation would've been put together to capitalize on the reunion 2016-17. Instead....both the band and label pushed Greatest Hits.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:

Hell... his vocals have been finished since before Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Adele even had careers. Thats how much time has transpired here.

The horror … the horror.

James

James wrote:

How do these people (GNR members and management) not have a single goddamn idea on how to truly shake things up and at least give the appearance that the show is something new?

They could still not give a shit yet make it look like they do.

Examples....

The UYI anniversary recently passed. Not a single mention of it during the tour. The tour could have been promoted as a celebration of UYI...and they could have alternated performing I and II in its entirety each night. This would also create an incentive to go to multiple shows.

While it's been beaten to death in the 21st century....they could do the same with AFD...perform it in its entirety. Hell...you could even do this with Lies.

It's 2023...how about select club dates where TSI is performed in its entirety...and they could even add more TSI songs to the regular set.

Look at what Metallica is doing....two shows in each city and each night has a unique set.

They don't even try...and I just put more thought into it than management...and this post only took five minutes.

Looking back....they even fucked up the Adler guest appearances. It should've been handled like the Stones did the Taylor and Wyman appearances in 2012-13. It was an actual event! GNR wouldn't even let fans know it was happening!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'm quite disappointed in Duff and Slash, highly motivated individuals who can clearly makes things happen, yet they seem happy enough to just take the money

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I'm quite disappointed in Duff and Slash, highly motivated individuals who can clearly makes things happen, yet they seem happy enough to just take the money

Ok do you really blame a divorced Slash and a fucking bassist for taking the bag? Sucks as a diehard fan (who wants new music) but I don’t for a second.

Edit: (who wants new music)

James

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

They use their solo careers to release music and indulge other interests. GNR is just a paycheck.

Slash can record/release a solo album...tour a bit in clubs/theaters and then make millions touring the classics with GNR.

Repeat process until the end of the line.

I think they all came to terms with it when negotiating the reunion. It was us fans expecting things to pick up where they left off. Had the reunion happened 10-15 years earlier than it did...maybe it would have.

Any releases(Hard School, Absurd) are an anomaly....not a sign of a creative spurt.

If we get a song this year, it'll be because they need to promote a tour with little interest.

James

James wrote:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-ros … ist/735218

I didn't check every venue but at several it's so empty.....you can buy blocks of 8 tickets in the row of your choice.

If one of these shows were today, it'd be verging on a private concert.

Next tour will probably be residencies and festivals.

Board footer