You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

misterID wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I don't know what Roy Thomas Baker problem was when he told Axl he had no hits. I'm listening to the 98 mix of CD (song) and to me that's a fucking hit in 2000. The Blues is a hit. Catcher could be a hit. Those songs were ruined in production.

Roy Thomas Baker telling Axl he didn't have any hits is arguably the reason for the whole fucking mess. Those tracks were perfectly good at the time, and the knock to Axl's confidence prompted the next few years of navel-gazing and self-doubt and reworking and over-production.

I think that was Ezrin, who most likely wanted Axl to rewrite the album with him — and giving him song writing credits. RTB seemed to be a positive influence on the recordings. Personally I prefer RTB’s sessions over Beavan

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

image of sorum was fake

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Street Of Dreams, TWAT, PTU & Bad Apples soundchecked apparently

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Have they played SOD yet?

AgesOfTheIce

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

A couple of times last year.

AgesOfTheIce

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Bad Obsession also soundchecked. Looks like they're doing a UYI deep cut tour a year late. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Bad Obsession also soundchecked. Looks like they're doing a UYI deep cut tour a year late. 16

Holy shit....they really are.

They'll probably only add a couple...the others as alternates...but it's still crazy.

Release your box set with no promotion a year late and then push a UYI heavy set list with no promotion two years later.

Only in the world of GNR would that occur.

A question to people who either lurk or post on any non-GNR sites....

Have you noticed how nobody ever talks about this band? They'll talk about some of GNR's peers(Metallica, U2, Pearl Jam, etc) but nothing GNR.

Even on one of the most active music forums left (the Hoffman audiophile forum) they don't care. The UYI box had some discussion but as soon as people saw the price tag and someone heard it and found out it wasn't a good remaster....they haven't been mentioned since.

People talk about tons of bands there on a daily basis.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I don't know what Roy Thomas Baker problem was when he told Axl he had no hits. I'm listening to the 98 mix of CD (song) and to me that's a fucking hit in 2000. The Blues is a hit. Catcher could be a hit. Those songs were ruined in production.

Roy Thomas Baker telling Axl he didn't have any hits is arguably the reason for the whole fucking mess. Those tracks were perfectly good at the time, and the knock to Axl's confidence prompted the next few years of navel-gazing and self-doubt and reworking and over-production.

I think that was Ezrin, who most likely wanted Axl to rewrite the album with him — and giving him song writing credits. RTB seemed to be a positive influence on the recordings. Personally I prefer RTB’s sessions over Beavan

I think it was both....Ezrin notorious for his "3 songs" comment and RTB wanting them to start over.

It's funny how Ezrin said how the songs were over polished yet this was still early in the project. Imagine how he felt about the final album.

Now I wish he had worked with Ezrin. We were in for a massive delay no matter what so just let the guy help finish it.

It couldn't be any worse than it turned out.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Holy shit, am I finally going to get to hear TWAT live?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

A couple of times last year.

Thanks! Went and listened to a rendition from last year. Slash takes the first part of the solo and noodles mindlessly, then Fortus plays true to the second part. I’ve loved Slash’s takes on Better and TIL and he makes the Bucket part of TWAT work, but this was like…uninspired? In the video I watched it actually seemed like Axl was trying to get him into the song.

Board footer