You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

otto wrote:

If it wasn't for the pandemic the downsizing would have started in 2020.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

It would make sense to release a song around Glastonbury given the coverage it gets

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

Axl just said he doesn't want to do the same boring shit lol. very different set tonight

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-r … 6ff64.html

Highlights...

TWAT
Locomotive
Shadow
Yesterdays

Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

Axl just said he doesn't want to do the same boring shit lol. very different set tonight

Yeah... pretty funny on the surface but might actually signify a change. They know this tour isn't selling well...and the sales are abysmal in the US. Not only are we seeing some changes in the set, he's now on record acknowledging it.

I'll take it as a good sign.

As Splat said, maybe Glastonbury is the show to unveil something new....a lot of eyes will be on that show.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Glasto would be a cool place to surprise launch a 5 song EP of new material. Could the band actually do something that cool?

I've been burned too many times to hope but we'll see. Maybe Axl has finally gotten bored - he's been doing almost the same set for 7 years straight now. Longest run of his career.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Also he did the screams on TWAT justice tonight. Worth looking that one up on YouTube.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

James wrote:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-r … 6ff64.html

Highlights...

TWAT
Locomotive
Shadow
Yesterdays

Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

Yeah... pretty funny on the surface but might actually signify a change. They know this tour isn't selling well...and the sales are abysmal in the US. Not only are we seeing some changes in the set, he's now on record acknowledging it.

I'll take it as a good sign.

As Splat said, maybe Glastonbury is the show to unveil something new....a lot of eyes will be on that show.

Yeah, if I had to bet I think Perhaps comes out the day before Glastonbury

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Also he did the screams on TWAT justice tonight. Worth looking that one up on YouTube.

Indeed!

Tonight he did it closer to the recording than he did in 2014 or 2016 - in those years he used to sing one of the middle screams slightly lower.

But tonight was more like in 2006 or 2009 where he stayed up in that insane range. Or very close to it anyways.

I honestly didn't think it would be possible for him vocally anymore.

Killer stuff.

Between this and soundchecking new stuff and the set list mix up...Band seems to be building up to something here. i'm digging it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Wow. They played November Rain, Estranged, TWAT, This I Love, and Locomotive all in the same set, out of a 33 song long set. I’m impressed that they’re busting out so many epics, lesser played UYI tracks, and playing for so long.

But at the same time, they were just here in Australia 6 months ago, 5 years after the 2017 Oz tour, and we should’ve gotten some of these songs thrown our way.

The only difference between 2017 and 2022 for us was Hardschool and Absurd, and maybe one or two others.

But this is GN’R, always doing the minimum effort until they randomly don’t.

Hoping this is leading up to something…

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axl S wrote:

Board footer