You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

James wrote:

Here was tonight's set list....

It's So Easy
Bad Obsession
Chinese Democracy
Slither
Reckless Life
Walk All Over You
Welcome to the Jungle
Estranged
Double Talkin' Jive
Hard Skool
Pretty Tied Up
Live And Let Die
Down On The Farm
TV Eye
Anything Goes
Absurd
You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
This I Love
Civil War
Sweet Child o' Mine
November Rain
Locomotive
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Patience
Paradise City

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

They may be waiting on the US tour to unveil new music. I was at Boston in 2021 (second show of the tour I think?) when they debuted Absurd. Pretty sure Hardskool came shortly after?

Edit: pretty sure that Boston show was in August so maybe we should our breath for a couple months (or forever).

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

No Brownstone last night, that's rare.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Not debuting anything at Glastonbury seems like a missed opportunity for international media coverage. It is such an important, historic festival. It could have created a much-needed buzz for the North American tour.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Not debuting anything at Glastonbury seems like a missed opportunity for international media coverage. It is such an important, historic festival. It could have created a much-needed buzz for the North American tour.

They haven’t played Glastonbury yet though

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

They haven’t played Glastonbury yet though

I thought that was the gig James was mentioning but just saw they play there June 24. Cool!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Glastonbury is a total lottery when it comes to tickets. People won't know who the headliner will be when they 'apply' for tickets.
So I think a new song will have less impact at Glastonbury. As will 'deep cuts' such as COMA
They will have to bring their a-game though, if Axl can do rasp this is the time to turn it on. Also limit covers outside of LALD and KOHD.

Save the new song for Hyde Park, which selfishly I will get to enjoy with a beer in my hand in the gold circle!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

At Glastonbury it makes sense to play a mainstream set & leave the deep cuts out. The level of exposure from Glasto is pretty immense compared to other festivals, it's something that bleeds into mainstream culture in the UK in a way something like Download does not.

Smartest thing is play a set with all the hits, then when TV exposure ect leads to increased streams (which it will in the following days) THEN that's when they should release new stuff.

In a contract between GN'R and Graspop GN'R is the dominant player, I mean they can say "No we don't want to be on live streaming thanks" & if the other party doesn't like that then it's frankly tough tits. Graspop must have agreed to those terms.

In a contract between GN'R and Glastonbury it's the other way around, Glasto is the dominant force there, & they wouldn't be playing unless they had agreed to be proshot.

They need to nail this gig as much as possible.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Scabbie wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Glastonbury is a total lottery when it comes to tickets. People won't know who the headliner will be when they 'apply' for tickets.
So I think a new song will have less impact at Glastonbury. As will 'deep cuts' such as COMA
They will have to bring their a-game though, if Axl can do rasp this is the time to turn it on. Also limit covers outside of LALD and KOHD.

Save the new song for Hyde Park, which selfishly I will get to enjoy with a beer in my hand in the gold circle!

lol, I'll see you there...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's GNR so they could do anything, but you would assume it will be more of the hits setlist and less of the new and deep cuts.

Totally off topic but I just listened to the dance remix of of TIL. Honestly those are some mind blowing vocals, and it gets me thinking, he didn't release this take officially. It makes you wonder what else is world endingly good that just never sees the light of day.

Like I think TIL is a work of genius and those scream vocals are etherial. That sounds dramatic but seriously it's under appreciated to a criminal extent.

Board footer