You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Soundbytes from "Madagascar"

ClaudeF wrote:

While waiting to see if we get new songs I've been tracking down the soundbytes from "Magagascar" and using them as bookends for ChiDem CDs. Still need to get a few more (and then find the clips for "Dub Suplex" and  "Devious Bastard" ... will add those when I get them) but here you go:

Mississippi Burinng ("I'm gonna tell you a story"):

Mississippi Burning ("It's taught"):

Martin Luther King ("I've heard the thunder roar"):

Seven ("Fear"):

Casualties of War ("Maybe it matters more than we know"):

Braveheart ("I don't want to lose heart"):

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I always forget about Braveheart.

This reminds me of the debates in the early-mid 2000s about whether or not he had the rights to use the MLK clip in the song...and this might be what was holding up the release. 16

Man...the things us fans would come up with to justify the delays....    18

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:

I always forget about Braveheart.

This reminds me of the debates in the early-mid 2000s about whether or not he had the rights to use the MLK clip in the song...and this might be what was holding up the release. 16

Man...the things us fans would come up with to justify the delays....    18

Actually, there could be something to the rights. Supposedly his estate is really restrictive.

But the solution there would have been to save it for CD2 or a b-side.

By the way, with a good two dozen cool as hell leftovers, couldn’t they have released some singles with “Going Down” or other cuts on the flipside? Actually reward fans and make an effort to get a hit single?

I know.

The week ahead could be good. If we get 6 tracks, which seems to be the most optimistic prediction, they will give the set list a jumpstart and make so many of us happy.

If they release two songs it’s probably time for the community to fundraise for some leaks so we can finally hear CD2 and all go home.

Board footer