You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Buckethead shows us how it’s done

ClaudeF wrote:

All 623 of his albums are on sale for digital download in mp3 or FLAC for $239.

Six HUNDRED and twenty three. Click the “Full Digital Discography” button.

In an alternate universe these are GNR releases …

I am going to save up and throw the man some money. We all should. He deserves it more than Team Brazil.

https://bucketheadpikes.bandcamp.com/al … -of-metals

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That's crazy. I know he's offered some killer deals before but this takes the cake.

This highlights my main issue with him...

It's simply too many albums. How could a fan ever digest all of that?

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

I've bought/downloaded probably 20% of his pikes, and im sure i haven't listened to half of it.  They came out so fast and furious for a while there it was impossible to keep up.  If im doing a road trip or alone in the office for the day i'll run through and give them a listen, and almost always find a gem. Its somewhat mind blowing that he's been this prolific (although much of it seems to be simple home recordings) and his former boss can't be arsed to put out 2-3 songs.  I wonder what '06-'10 Axl could have done with something like Project Little Man...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Project Little Man? I haven't heard that one yet. I'll check it out.

The way I handled his massive discography was to mainly focus on his mellow material...then it got to the point that I couldn't even do that.

Last album I bought from him is Rainy Days... that's probably like 200 albums ago.

That free Christmas album was great too.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:
James wrote:

Project Little Man? I haven't heard that one yet. I'll check it out.

The way I handled his massive discography was to mainly focus on his mellow material...then it got to the point that I couldn't even do that.

Last album I bought from him is Rainy Days... that's probably like 200 albums ago.

That free Christmas album was great too.

I actually went in the other direction, towards the heavier, longer jams like Soothsayer.  Project Little Man is the musical equivalent to standing behind a 747 as it starts to take off; 18+ minutes of him peeling the paint off the walls.  My friends bust my balls for following him, but then I mix in some of his slower stuff at a party or driving, and they all ask  "who's this"?  I just grin

Sky Dog wrote:

Soothsayer and Nottingham Lace would be killer Guns tunes

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

Now he is up to 653 albums for $188.

My God.

Bucketheadland should sell digital copies of all instrumentals that Axl decided not to use.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Crazy how productive he has been.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I'm on Buckethead's email list and I get a "the madman has released another album" email every 2-3 days.

Makes me feel like a lazy sack of garbage every time.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I'm on Buckethead's email list and I get a "the madman has released another album" every 2-3 days.

Makes me feel like a lazy sack of garbage every time.

For real! He is amazing!

What is the mailing list? How can we join?

Board footer