You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

polluxlm wrote:

Anybody know what the new vocals are on this song? I never listened much to the demo.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:

Anybody know what the new vocals are on this song? I never listened much to the demo.

If you put on CC to the YouTube video it has a perfect translation of the lyrics

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The video is up to over 920k views on YouTube & 63k likes. Seems like a very solid # of views for 2 days, not sure about the likes to views ratio. I have no data to say how good that is in comparison to others. #21 trending video, although I can’t figure out how to get a list to see what’s ahead or behind it. Single is at #12 on iTunes now as another country artist (Morgan Wallen) and whoever/whatever the hell Jelly Roll is, moved past them. #1 on the Rock chart. Video is still #5. Hasn’t registered on any Spotify charts yet from what I can tell.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Full live version with Axl's spoken intro:

I am even more convinced that he needs to hamd off the "Hey, hey"s and alternate lines in the chorus (think of how Pink Floyd performed "Run Like Hell"). It's too many words without a moment to breathe.

Make it a duet with Duff and the song becomes a conversation, taking on a whole new level of meaning.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Melissa would be great to handle that

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

Melissa would be great to handle that

Her, Duff, and Dizzy as a Greek Chorus! It would sound and look cool onstage. Like the accusing voices in the "Trial" section of The Wall.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

The video is up to over 920k views on YouTube & 63k likes. Seems like a very solid # of views for 2 days, not sure about the likes to views ratio. I have no data to say how good that is in comparison to others. #21 trending video, although I can’t figure out how to get a list to see what’s ahead or behind it. Single is at #12 on iTunes now as another country artist (Morgan Wallen) and whoever/whatever the hell Jelly Roll is, moved past them. #1 on the Rock chart. Video is still #5. Hasn’t registered on any Spotify charts yet from what I can tell.

I went through my old posts for numbers.

Hard School

After 3 days....

872k views

50k likes
1k dislikes

--

2-3 weeks....

1.6 million views.

69k likes
1.8k dislikes

Absurd

After 6 days...

1.2 million views

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

think of how Pink Floyd performed "Run Like Hell"). It's too many words without a moment to breathe.

Off topic but this reminds me of how he made Waters change You've Got To Be Crazy into what became Dogs because he had such difficulty singing like that while also having to play guitar.

He's doing great but that would definitely be a workout...

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

That sounds wild! The final version is better but wow, what a revelation. And Rick’s keyboards sound terrific.

Axl needs to divide up the chorus of “Hard Skool” as well. Give himself a chance to breathe and sound strong.

Axl:But you had to play it cool

Duff/Melissa/Dizzy: had to do it your way

Axl: Had to be a fool

Duff/Melissa/Dizzy: had to throw it all away

Axl: Too hard school

Duff/Melissa/Dizzy: and you thought you were here to stay

Axl: If that were true

Duff/Melissa/Dizzy: it wouldn't matter anyway

This way he sounds his best, they seem more like a BAND, and the lyrics take on an extra bite.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

It's hit 1.1M now

Board footer