You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

James wrote:

I would go into anaphylactic shock if we get a real video. It would be so out of character for them. It would also make it appear that more than two songs is on the horizon.

A documentary has potential but really should've happened 2016-17 when it was fresh and there was a lot more people interested.

I'll take anything new at this point.

It still blows me away they didn't do their own Hell Freezes Over in 2016 with the Troubadour show(or a different one) with a couple of the "new" songs added.

It would've sold/streamed like hotcakes back then.

Edit

I just want to know if my guess at The General lyrics are close lol. I spoke to Evader last month and I think the only reason he has any interest left in the band is so he can know how close he got with the words too.

A lot of people's interest is finally getting a handful of those songs. I'm sure it varies from fan to fan but this is the creme de la creme....

The General
Soul Monster
Oklahoma
Seven

If that group of songs ever gets leaked or released, the online communities are going to see a majority of their users move on... regardless of there still being another handful in the hands of hoarders or the vault.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:

I would go into anaphylactic shock if we get a real video. It would be so out of character for them. It would also make it appear that more than two songs is on the horizon.

A documentary has potential but really should've happened 2016-17 when it was fresh and there was a lot more people interested.

It still blows me away they didn't do their own Hell Freezes Over in 2016 with the Troubadour show(or a different one) with a couple of the "new" songs added.

They were filming in 16/17 allegedly I think Art Tavanna was interviewed for it. I think he mentioned it in an early episode of Brando's podcast.

I doubt we will ever see an Official Video for a song though

James

James wrote:

I don't get the point of recording all these shows. They've been doing this for years, they know they'll never do anything with it...yet continue to do it anyways.

I really don't get it.

Imagine the literal mountains of video they are sitting on for each era...

91-93

2000-07

2009-14

2016- 2023 and counting

Out of those mountains piling up over 30+ years...here's all they've used....

Tokyo 92

Jungle video promoting Live Era

A shit canned Better video

Appetite for Democracy

1991 Ritz

I question how much of it even exists at this point. We're damn lucky that The Ritz hadn't rotted wherever they left it.

Who's watching over all this stuff?!?

Shacklermyrye

It's all in the vault with Paul Tobias
The documentary stuff didn't start with Perfect crime, i'm looking into this stuff for something i'm working on but even aside from stuff Robert John filmed in the early days there was stuff shot in the UK in the 80's that was handed to the band, and they must still have.

When people have passed away i suspect it will be sold to someone who will create a Netflix series out of it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

It's all in the vault with Paul Tobias
The documentary stuff didn't start with Perfect crime, i'm looking into this stuff for something i'm working on but even aside from stuff Robert John filmed in the early days there was stuff shot in the UK in the 80's that was handed to the band, and they must still have.

When people have passed away i suspect it will be sold to someone who will create a Netflix series out of it.

Great strategy when most of the people who would consume this stuff will also be dead/not care because they are watching Cocomellon with their grandkids.

James

James wrote:

What condition is this vault in? Is it being properly taken care of? You can't just throw this stuff in the closet like I do my CDs and DVDs.

Someone like Tobias involved doesn't exactly inspire confidence...no offense to him.

It's probably going to be a situation like you see with certain films/studios where they go to check out something...such as extra footage of Annie Hall or Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...and they find out its either degraded or is simply lost.

Shacklermyrye

James wrote:

What condition is this vault in? Is it being properly taken care of? You can't just throw this stuff in the closet like I do my CDs and DVDs.

Someone like Tobias involved doesn't exactly inspire confidence...no offense to him.

It's probably going to be a situation like you see with certain films/studios where they go to check out something...such as extra footage of Annie Hall or Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...and they find out its either degraded or is simply lost.

No dude I mean thats where Tobias is, he is locked in the vault so he can't tell anyone his version of events lol. they filed him somewhere between the Ledgend Of The Red Panda artwork and Arkeen's DAT tapes

Sky Dog wrote:

Stones never officially released Cocksucker Blues or much of any live stuff around Exile. I can do without the live stuff. I just can’t grasp not releasing tunes from the vault that we know have kick ass potential, and you know they have vocals.

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:
James wrote:

Edit

I just want to know if my guess at The General lyrics are close lol. I spoke to Evader last month and I think the only reason he has any interest left in the band is so he can know how close he got with the words too.

A lot of people's interest is finally getting a handful of those songs. I'm sure it varies from fan to fan but this is the creme de la creme....

The General
Soul Monster
Oklahoma
Seven

If that group of songs ever gets leaked or released, the online communities are going to see a majority of their users move on... regardless of there still being another handful in the hands of hoarders or the vault.

Those four songs you have mentioned are the ones that I want to hear the most from the CD sessions.

I am hoping the next single released is The General or Soul Monster.

If it ends up being Atlas or Oh My God I would be disappointed because then we would have wait two more years for the last two songs.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James wrote:

Slash mentioned at one point the footage is all good.

Board footer