You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The General confirmed next

tejastech08 wrote:

So Brain is the primary songwriter on The General? That’s interesting. You don’t typically see drummers with that kind of songwriting impact.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I’m excited for the General.

It’s one song I have a melody in my head it could sound like.

So this is exciting.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

We're Absurd and The General originally penned for this much darker CD3?

The General was.

So was Catcher In The Eye initially (supposedly).

Not sure about Absurd.

That’s interesting. You don’t typically see drummers with that kind of songwriting impact.

Off the top of my head...only band I know of like that is Rush.

It’s one song I have a melody in my head it could sound like.

Reminds me of that time I had a crazy dream in 2004-5. I was taking Paxil or Prozac at the time...and that stuff causes crazy dreams.

Some unknown GNR song started playing at some event I was at...and it was bad ass.

It's weird how your mind can conjure up something like that out of nothing.

It's the full 8m 53s LP version of November Rain on all the 7" singles back in the day.

I forgot about that.

How'd they pull that off?

You should be ashamed for banning me.

This reminds me of summer 2007 when all the forums were uniting in harmony  to ban you across all platforms to silence you and prevent further leaks.

I told em where they could stick that harmony....

It permanently ended our chance at ever getting close to GNR/TB but I didn't give a fuck.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It didn’t really work out well for any of them except jarmo but it killed his forum

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It didn’t really work out well for any of them except jarmo but it killed his forum

All the others(Eric, Madison, and BP) got were backstage passes and getting to email with Merck and Fernando.

I cared less than nothing about those "perks".

This community's soul was not for sale...and IF it was for sale....it would've required a 5 gallon bucket of Oxy and CD II to buy it.

Edit

We also got punished during the Axl chats.

He signed up at all 4 main forums..but this was the only one he didn't post at.

It was sending a message.

Message received.

Nope...still didn't give a fuck.

2nd edit

They did acknowledge us by linking the full chat transcripts we had posted here on the official site...that was pretty cool.

I hope he at least respected our stance...the young Axl would have.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

OT but bannings are pretty lame unless it's like for a spammer or somehow who spews racist, hateful, crap on a regular basis.  Honestly, the ignore function is best for "bad/idiotic posters".

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

GNRSource got shut out of the Dexter chats as well. That was my hangout before I discovered this place.

I had seen the "approved" sites but could tell they were political, especially when the leaks happened and they stifled all discussion. GNRSource was much cooler, not as easy to control, and allowed freedom of speech.

Someone in authority decided to make them pay for it. A dick move.

When I see MyGNR go on lockdown every time something interesting happens, like they are right now, I am reminded that I made the right choice. What are new fans or old fans rediscovering the band supposed to think?

They probably will decide they are not welcome elsewhere.

You're all welcome here.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

All the others(Eric, Madison, and BP) got were backstage passes and getting to email with Merck and Fernando.

I cared less than nothing about those "perks".

This community's soul was not for sale...and IF it was for sale....it would've required a 5 gallon bucket of Oxy and CD II to buy it.

Edit

We also got punished during the Axl chats.

He signed up at all 4 main forums..but this was the only one he didn't post at.

It was sending a message.

Message received.

Nope...still didn't give a fuck.

2nd edit

They did acknowledge us by linking the full chat transcripts we had posted here on the official site...that was pretty cool.

I hope he at least respected our stance...the young Axl would have.

You’re right that the young Axl from age 15-25 would appreciate your stance on refusing to kiss butts for special perks, refusing to censor the dialogue on this forum. Axl turned into a different guy when Appetite became so successful. He’s had “yes” people surrounding him since the summer of 1988.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

GNRSource got shut out of the Dexter chats as well. That was my hangout before I discovered this place.

I had seen the "approved" sites but could tell they were political, especially when the leaks happened and they stifled all discussion. GNRSource was much cooler, not as easy to control, and allowed freedom of speech.

Ahh...GNRsource...blast from the past.

You might not know or remember this but we almost had a full scale forum war with them. Sadly...I don't even remember what the fight was over.

At the last minute...Jaz and I talked and realized it would be stupid so we quickly quashed it.

I always liked him. I wish he'd pop back up.

Yeah GNRsource didn't get an Axl chat...but he didn't even bother signing up there.

Do you remember why that site died? In my memory it happened one day out of the blue.

I know he was really aiming to become the main alternative to the big 3...but there was simply no way anyone at that point was going to outshine Evo.

Now that I think about it, I remember the beef....

They were trying to copy CD Whispers. Sic invested a lot of time and effort into that and I wasn't gonna sit back and let it happen.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Chinese Whispers is an amazing work of … there is no other word for it: scholarship.

That is professional level work. I still jump into it when I need to track down some piece of information.

When you compare the Rolling Stone article about the storage locker leaks which got SO MUCH WRONG vs. Chinese Whispers, Chinese Whispers wins by so much.

It seemed like GNRSource got hacked. One day it caused all sorts of security warnings to appear and then was gone shortly thereafter. A real drag.

Board footer