You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds album

jimmythegent wrote:

Loving this and now am hyped for the album. Steve Jordan is an incredible drummer.

The video is a winner. Using footage of the Stones in their peak sexiest/coolest eras reminds us all of how untouchable they were/are. Throw in the sexiest new Hollywood starlet and it's happy days. It's almost akin to AI. But it works. Hope GN'R are taking notes but they are galaxies away from this level sadly

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Decent song. Great video. Looking forward to more.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

When Bill Wyman left the band in 1993, Keith Richards told him "the only way anybody leaves this band is in a wooden box", then he pulled a knife on him. 14

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

When Bill Wyman left the band in 1993, Keith Richards told him "the only way anybody leaves this band is in a wooden box", then he pulled a knife on him. 14

I forgot about that.

Charlie was a bad ass even though he didn't look the part. I love that story of him knocking Jagger out cold and Keith is the only thing that saved Jagger from flying out the window.

I need to read one of those biographies for a refresher course.

You could write a book for every Stones decade...at least until you get to the 2000s.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Seems both Bill and Charlie have punched Mick in the face. Apparently he took it well each time. This band have managed to make dysfunction into a solid harmony. Imagine where Guns would be if they just had ONE guy like that in the band.

If Axl got dropped like that by one of his band mates I think he would get a lesson that would be very good for him. That's what Slash should have done in 1995.

James

James wrote:

If Axl got dropped like that by one of his band mates I think he would get a lesson that would be very good for him. That's what Slash should have done in 1995.

Good point..amd I agree.

I even started wondering this in my youth when it became obvious he was more bark than bite...why doesn't anyone call his bluff?

I'm not sure Slash could do it. He doesn't seem like a fighter. Duff or Matt could've handled him.

I also agree it would've changed the dynamics completely. One ass kicking would've put a stop to constantly walking on egg shells around him.

On this subject...Baz deserved an ass kicking a hell of a lot more than Axl. That dude was begging to have his jaw caved in. At least Axl had some mojo...Baz just a mouthy diva with little talent.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Literally just kids here.

James

James wrote:

I saw it mentioned on Hoffman that Daryl Jones has not mentioned this album a single time on social media... causing speculation that he's not even on it.

We may be getting an album with Keith playing bass on everything but the McCartney and Wyman tracks.

James

James wrote:

This is an amazing article. They go onto the recording of the album and how it all came together.

I wish Axl and Slash could get together like this and light a spark for one final album.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … 234822701/

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Richards looks good since he cut the booze. Probably gonna live another 10 years now. His constitution is amazing.

Problem with Axl was he got burnt with the media early. He was too real for them. The Stones never had this problem and that's why you get these articles. You have to drag something out of Axl now. I had hoped the reunion would alleviate this somewhat, but apparently not. He's more tight lipped than ever.

Board footer