You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Re: The supposed trilogy! Was it complete?...or was it smoke?

Miguelox26 wrote:

"I have worked with Dan Monti from 2006 to July 2009 before returning to my country. A pic of those sheets with him were on my Motorola V3 many years ago."

"There were like 80 takes from vocal sketches from Rose that last some few minutes. I remember a song called "Silkworms", barely has any lyrics on it. A song called "Devious Bastard" in 2006 that last only one minute and a half with Rose screaming all over it."

"I've heard about that Chinese Democracy triloghy story. By the end of 2006, when Monti finished to write the final music to some of the Bucket's tunes, there were only like 23/24 songs with complete vocals and really FINISHED. Here is what I had in the top of my head:

The 14 released songs plus a reworked Oh My God. A screamo song called Silkworms (barely has any lyrics on it; seems unfinished) I remember a title called Atlas Shrugged, also leaked last year. Some of the Bucket songs have replaced those tunes, like "Shackler's Revenge" and others. Another title was called Elvis Presley, Oklahoma and Jackie Chan. I've never heard any of these songs. The famous The General and a curious title 100 Cuban Skies. Those 8/9 songs were slated as "B material". The best of the bunch has been released on november 2008.

Three albums for 23/24 songs? Yeah right. Already one disc has only 14 songs. I don't know what Rose had in mind in those years. That album is so old now. Maybe a bonus disc with those 8 unreleased songs is welcome."

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

I got this from the Hoffman forum, I just wanted to share it!

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

I never imagined that my post would be so relevant in the future for the young fanbase of some of the greatest singers of all time. That young gentleman has spoke to me all morning about this and I felt the "mission" to clarify the facts.

Again, despite the outrage of many fans of the band, I've have to say that those 14 songs released in november 2008, were the same 14 songs that they were working on in february 2006 (yes, some of them were instrumental tunes at the time). Every other song was somwehat unfinished and some of them has no lyrics at all. I know this information is difficult to digest but it is the truth. And I really love Axl Rose and his music. Please, don't be so rude.

Despite what is said in other forums, this last year (at my house) I have immersed myself in the history of the album. On those great leaks.

By chance, on top of my memory, some of those songs were only "half?" finished:

14 songs of the album (priority songs, only 14 songs to be worked since 2006; not counting Bumblefoot work).
"Oh My God" remake
"Going Down" from Tommy Stinson (I've never met him)
"Silkworms" (renamed)
"The General" (unfinished at the times, I've never heard it but it was instrumental as far as I know)
"Atlas Shrugged" (I really loved that 1999 leak; that was somewhat finished in feb 2006 but Caram... well, that was on the unfinished list, anyway.
"Jackie Chan" (never listened to it until the 2019 leaks. It was on the instrumental unfinished list).
"Cuban Skies", "Oklahoma" (instrumentals, on the unfinished list; I've read last year a user from here has wrote that "Cuban Skies" is about cigars and that but I've never listened the song, anyway. "Oklahoma" was about bombings or something like that but that was on the unfinished with no vocals list as well. Maybe Axl wanted a complete rewrite of those tunes. Maybe, that was why he renamed "Berlin" to that tune).
"Devious Bastard" (I've listened to that song, a Monti/Constanzo tune. It lasted around two minutes but it was better than the rough mixes version. It only has screams by Rose ala "Quick Song")
"Elvis" song (Never listened to it. I really loved "Me & My Elvis" in the 2019 leaks. It was on the list).

Add "Tonto" (instrumental in 2006, never finished) and two of those highly rumored songs ("Seven", "Thyme") and you have that "trilogy"... That's like less than 26 finished tracks since 1999 to 2008. After 2009, surely that "The General" and some other songs has been received new vocals or something like that. "Me & My Elvis", "Atlas Shrugged", "Jackie Chan" has vocals by 2006 but those were rejected for sure. Those were in that "B list material".

I'm going to say it again.

The best of the bunch, the capital songs, has been released in november 2008. I'm not trying to break any fantasy to those who love Axl Rose and his music. The best unreleased material from the "Chinese Democracy sessions" has been leaked in 2019.

I want to say hello to those who love this music. I've left that industry many years ago. I'm going to say it again: I am surprised by the diffusion that my post had. I'm hoping for new music by Axl.

My best wishes to Mr. Rose, Mr. Constanzo, Mrs. Lebeis and all that energetic fanbase. Love to you all.
Aug 26, 2021

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

I cause a stir in the forum and the supposed collaborator of Monti answers again!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Can you link the specific threads on the Hoffman forum where this is happening?

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

As I recall this guy’s story was determined  to be bullshit.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

ClaudeF wrote:

As I recall this guy’s story was determined  to be bullshit.

Thanks. I kind of remember this. But re-reading it yeah there are things in there that make me call BS too

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Can you link the specific threads on the Hoffman forum where this is happening?

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ … t-27794555

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

I have nothing more than that, I kept it as a curiosity and I have shared it as an anecdote and complement to all the rumorology to the scooby doo saga!

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

I remember that post at the Steve Hoffman forum. Someone on mygnr had linked to the original post (by a user called "Key West") around the time of the leaks. It was brought up again a while later, when I went to revisit it at the Hoffman forum and it was gone. Then someone with the username "Key East", claiming to be the same user as "Key West" posted again at the Hoffman forum, apparently after seeing the discussion at mygnr.

The later posts by "Key East" are definitely trolling. But I believe the original post was fake as well, because 1) it was posted after the locker leaks and 2) it was deleted.

Board footer