You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: If GNR goes on hiatus, NuGuns should reunite

ClaudeF wrote:

If Axl, Duff, and Slash do separate for a bit, crazy as it sounds, the coolest thing would be for various NuGuns members to reunite for a tour of their own.

And do some unreleased stuff that they are personally proudest of.

It don’t really matter (See what I did there?) who is involved but some of these guys who we have come to appreciate in an all new way since the leaks deserve the acclaim.

Pitman in particular was there from the start. Bucket and Brain were a partnership even outside of GNR. Bumble is just an wonderful guy with great stage presence. He also seems friendly enough and dedicated to his craft enough to get along well with Bucket, personally and professionally. Tommy on bass.

It could be all instrumental and still be an amazing night of music.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Give me the 2002 line up and I would throw money at that. Album, shows the lot

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Give me the 2002 line up and I would throw money at that. Album, shows the lot

Exactly. I threw in Bumble because his personality onstage as well as his respectful, team player attitude would be a real asset. He would play so well off of Bucket.

Imagine them taking the stage and launching into “Devious Bastard.” Plowing through two hours of music that includes  “TWAT,” “Three Dollar Pyramid,” “Quick Song,” and “Oh My God.” Dueling guitar solos on that last one.

Winding up the set with “I’m Sorry,” and then kicking off the encores with “Shackler’s Revenge.”

They finish with “As It Began.”

Fuck, take my money, fellas.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I’d love this because we could get soundboards of the real band playing the Chinese material but Axl can’t sing anymore so there’s no point.

SlasherMcKagan
 Rep: 0 

Will never happen tho

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I’d love this because we could get soundboards of the real band playing the Chinese material but Axl can’t sing anymore so there’s no point.

They should tour without Axl, just the musicians.

Bowie’s band is doing it. The Jerry Garcia Band toured as the JGB after Jerry passed away. Big bands used to do it after their leaders died.

It’s been done successfully for decades. And it would be our best shot at getting to hear these great songs as intended.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If Axl, Duff, and Slash do separate for a bit, crazy as it sounds, the coolest thing would be for various NuGuns members to reunite for a tour of their own.

Unfortunately... scenarios like this can't happen anymore. The GNR brand is simply too valuable to risk imploding it into nothing. Best case scenario it would be in theaters/clubs.

There was no going back once making that call to Slash. Hell. .this probably played a role in how long it took to make the call. He knew it was a crossing of the Rubicon.

They should tour without Axl, just the musicians.

I suggested something similar back in the day. As great as the 2000s lineup was, there was nothing but Chinese/GNR/salary holding them together. Not only were they not friends, they didn't like one another. Lot of tension and I doubt many good memories of that period. They've all moved on.

It just wasn't meant to be.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

What if the musicians (again, excluding Axl) didn’t market a club tour on the GNR name, but performed the songs they worked on as GNR?

Anyone remember Col. Claypool’s Bucket of Bernie Brains?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Claypool's_Bucket_of_Bernie_Brains

Call it Tommy Brainpit’s Bucketfoot.

Yes, it is a Hail Mary Pass but I wanted to post the idea in case any of NuGuns are reading this site (Hello, gentlemen! You are missed!).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Another problem it would have is so few knowing it even existed. Not a single official band pic was taken during those years. The merch has been gone for years and the audio/video bootlegs are disappearing as well.

It was never promoted enough to build up any kind of serious demand.

If there was a time to reboot new GNR, it was the 2010s with a tour and the release of the rest of the material.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl should do a cover of "Time" with his Sympathy for the Devil voice.

The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say. Haha!

Board footer