You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Post UR top 2 Favorite Gnr forum moments

polluxlm wrote:

The Labyrinth hoax. Some HTGTH old timers convinced a bunch of people there was an unreleased b-side called Labyrinth that was better than Estranged.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The razz checkmate leak.
IRS leak
Birth of ROV and it's chatroom with Ron
Birth of Evo

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but it's been damn near 20 years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Latigo Hammers. Dark tried, and nearly succeeded, in convincing everyone it was Axl. I caught LH in a lie and everyone turned on me but jarmo lol. Then when it finally ran its course, dark tried to take credit for exposing him. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Lol

I also got chewed out by beta at one point 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

The 5 O'clock Somewhere/pawnshop guitars/beleive in me discussions were always great as well

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Lol

I also got chewed out by beta at one point 16

I'm sure I got into trouble for making a comment about the candles.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I remember when beta called Dave an idiot 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

1.The 2006 leaks, all the insanity surrounding it, which led to the birth of ROV. For any new(er) members here, ROV (Roses of Velvet) was Evo before Evo.

Just an insane, exciting time for the fan base. It'll never be topped.

2. 2005 in general. Other than the April Fool's IRS Leak, it was a dead year GNR wise yet the quality of forum discussions were at their peak. So were all the forums off topic sections.

I say it periodically but the 2004-5 community really deserved a major leak. Looking back, bat shit crazy that all those amazing discussions involving the likes of Evagnraxlrosette, davegnfnr2k, Booker Floyd, ppbebe, Saul, KV, mikegiuliana, etc and various Evo members there at the time never actually involved discussing newly released/leaked songs.

Honorable mentions...

- EFISH (RIP) posting that picture of himself in 2006 riding his bike in front of his house and how a bunch of people on HTGTH/2K went into anaphylactic shock when they realized he was just a kid. I laughed for days over that. Still laugh when I think about it once in a blue moon.

- That mygnr member posting that obvious bullshit story after Better leaked saying he played it at his high school and all the kids started dancing down the hallways.

- That time I got banned from Splat in summer 2006 for owning ChineseBlues into oblivion. He couldn't deal with it so he begged someone on staff (The Raven? Gigger?) to ban me.

God I hated that fucking guy. I would've dragged him out to a canal bank and kicked his teeth in if I ever could've met him. Closest we came was when he said he was going to Inland Invasion, told him I'd meet him there, he backed out of going or just never mentioned it again, and I decided to just wait for the Sacramento show instead.

Looking back...our feud was so pointless. Much ado about nothing. We should've just buried the hatchet like I did with his buddy rainX. Might could have even gotten along.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Not exactly a moment but was a big fan of the RoV chatroom.

That thing was a bitch to moderate when there was around 20-40 people in the room on weekends. I really hated when there would be multiple spats going on... then I'm having to referee both chat room and PMs.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Was a full time job...mods had to tag in for a shift lol

Board footer