You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: The STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Thread

Gunslinger wrote:

^I'm hoping for just delayed.  I'd gladly pay to see STP AND Tesla...those guys fuckin' rock, I've seen them twice and I'm talking from experience.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

things have really slowed down on the STP front...we had those 2 announcements right quick then one was removed from the website and now nothing hmm

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

things have really slowed down on the STP front...we had those 2 announcements right quick then one was removed from the website and now nothing hmm

STP were always quiet though.  With them, no news is good news.  It means Scott's either in rehab or not arrested.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

wow this is in my back yard....i wish i could afford to go 17

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, LINKIN PARK Confirmed For Toronto's EDGEFEST - Feb. 26, 2008 

Jonathan Cohen of Billboard.com reports that STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and LINKIN PARK will head the bill for the 2008 Edgefest in Toronto, which is returning after a one-year hiatus. The event will be held July 12 at Downsview Park.

Rounding out the bill are SAM ROBERTS BAND, THE BRAVERY, ASHES DIVIDE, ATTACK IN BLACK, ARKELLS, THE COAST, CREATURE, THE FLATLINERS, HOSTAGE LIFE, MODERNBOYS MODERNGIRLS, THE STEREOHOAX, SWEET THING and USS.

Tickets go on sale Saturday (March 1) to the general public; members of 102.1 The Edge's Inside Edge club will have access to a discounted pre-sale tomorrow.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=91635

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Schedule More Dates - Feb. 27, 2008 

The reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS have scheduled the following dates:

May 17 - Columbus, OH - Crew Stadium (Rock on the Range)
May 18 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center (WMMR Event)
May 23 - Indianapolis, IN - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
May 31 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Garden State Amphitheatre (WXRK Event)
Jun. 01 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center (WBCN Event)
Jun. 07 - Kansas City, MO - [to be announced] (KQRC Event)
Jul. 12 - Toronto, ON - Downsview Park (Edgefest)

More shows will be announced soon.

Although STONE TEMPLE PILOTS broke up in 2002 under less than friendly circumstances, both singer Scott Weiland (who currently fronts VELVET REVOLVER) and guitarist Dean DeLeo have said that the band members are all on good terms now. Weiland even told The Pulse of Radio he could envision making another STP album. "We were never a band that felt like we needed to lean too hard onto our muscle," he said. "We always felt like we had enough beauty and enough finesse in our music, you know, while we were together, that could carry us into a long career. So for us to make a record at an older age doesn't seem like a stretch, you know, 'cause we were never all about brawn."

The last STP album, "Shangri-La-Dee-Da", came out in 2001. The band's initial success in the early and mid-'90s was derailed in the latter part of the decade by Weiland's well-documented drug problems and arrests.

Weiland, who entered rehab earlier in the month at an undisclosed location, has struggled with substance abuse problems for more than a decade, although he has reportedly been clean for nearly four years until now. Questions about his condition flared a few weeks ago when he missed a VELVET REVOLVER performance at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah, claiming transportation problems.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm trying not to get excited about this until we hear more from the STP camp regarding the reunion.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

http://rock-fest.com/

They're the confirmed headliners.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Jonathan Cohen of Billboard.com reports that STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and LINKIN PARK will head the bill for the 2008 Edgefest in Toronto, which is returning after a one-year hiatus. The event will be held July 12 at Downsview Park.

Rounding out the bill are SAM ROBERTS BAND, THE BRAVERY, ASHES DIVIDE, ATTACK IN BLACK, ARKELLS, THE COAST, CREATURE, THE FLATLINERS, HOSTAGE LIFE, MODERNBOYS MODERNGIRLS, THE STEREOHOAX, SWEET THING and USS.

Tickets go on sale Saturday (March 1) to the general public; members of 102.1 The Edge's Inside Edge club will have access to a discounted pre-sale tomorrow.
------------------------------------------

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

5 Confirmed Dates:

Posted by Matt on the official board:

Camden, NJ
Susquehanna Bank Center
WMMR Event

Indianapolis, IN
Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Holmdel, NJ
PNC Garden State Amphitheatre
WXRK Event

Mansfield, MA
Tweeter Center
WBCN Event

Kansas City, MO
KQRC Event

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

A thoroughly average festival line-up. Cool for STP though.

Board footer