You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES Drummer To Perform In New York City - Feb. 21, 2008

Acekicken wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES Drummer To Perform In New York City - Feb. 21, 2008 

According to GnrDaily.com, GUNS N' ROSES drummer Frank Ferrer will perform with his band PISSER at Snitch in New York City on February 28.

Earlier this month Frank Ferrer and GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus performed together with former HANOI ROCKS and current NEW YORK DOLLS bass player Sami Yaffa during the New York Fashion week.

A reliable source recently informed The Pulse of Radio that GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", is finished and the group's frontman W. Axl Rose is negotiating for more money with his record label before he will release the masters.

The ever-shifting GUNS N' ROSES lineup began working on "Chinese Democracy" sometime in the mid-'90s, and has reportedly spent $13 million recording the effort. Promised release dates in 2006 and 2007 did not materialize.

GUNS N' ROSES has only toured twice in the last 14 years: an aborted 2002 run that only lasted for a few shows, and a far more successful 2006 trek that took the latest lineup around the world.

Although Rose is considered one of rock's greatest frontmen, his sometimes irrational behavior onstage, reclusive lifestyle and notoriety for feuding with other rock stars has also earned him a reputation as one of rock's true eccentrics. 

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=91323

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Are the NY Dolls working on another album? Didn't even know they were touring still to be honest. Last I heard Sami Yaffa was plugging his MadJuana band and working with Ricky Bacchus (former DGen).

Slightly off topic but I have nothing to say regarding Pisser hmm ...and I would genuinely like to know if the Dolls are working on another album.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

what pisses me off about these things is how no one at at that other place considers these performances a shameless punt on their gnr fame in order to pull more seats at these gigs and sell records.....yet when slash mentions gnr or axl rose in an interview...he is using gnr to promote himself and his new band....

nonsense....

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i`m sick of reading things like "pisser at snitch" on htgth`s frontpage......:rolleyes:

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
WARose wrote:

i`m sick of reading things like "pisser at snitch" on htgth`s frontpage......:rolleyes:

snitch at pisser would be better? 19

i'm sick of reading it anywhere.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
WARose wrote:

Yeah I saw that "Pisser in Snatch" headline and didn't even bother clicking on it.  I didn't know who they were and didn't care either. (only after reading this thread I know who they are and about Frank's involvement)

I mean I don't blame the other guys in the band for doing these side projects because they must be bored to shit sitting around twiddling their thumbs all the time. 

But really I couldn't give a flying fuck about any of this side stuff!

I mean the poster for the gig says "Drummer from Guns N' Roses" - well I say who the fuck is that then?  Is Frank or Brain gonna turn up at the gig?  I sure as hell don't know because nobody has had the courtesy to even tell me who the fuck is in my favourite band anymore.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:
elmir wrote:

what pisses me off about these things is how no one at at that other place considers these performances a shameless punt on their gnr fame in order to pull more seats at these gigs and sell records.....yet when slash mentions gnr or axl rose in an interview...he is using gnr to promote himself and his new band....

nonsense....

VERY true. I saw the flyer for this thing and laughed when GUNS N' ROSES was much bigger on it then his own bands name.

What makes it funny is Axl accused Buckethead of using GNR to promote his solo career and he never did it. Now BH and Brain's replacements do it almost constantly.

Karma's a bitch....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm sure part of the draw of the gig though is to promote your solo career...i mean lets face it its not like their guns career is doing anything

funny thing is that the man who is reaponsible for a large chunk of the hits, Izzy, is the only one who doesnt really tie his name to it...i dont think i ever see "former guns guitarist, Izzy stradlin'" in headlines

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

funny thing is that the man who is reaponsible for a large chunk of the hits, Izzy, is the only one who doesnt really tie his name to it...i dont think i ever see "former guns guitarist, Izzy stradlin'" in headlines

True Neemo.  Izzy doesn't really need to, he's kept his credibility through all this crap...maybe because he was the first to leave before the train finally wrecked.

Board footer