You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Underrated Bands

Gunslinger wrote:

This thread is now the "Underrated" bands thread.  Any band that you think should have got more credit than they did/have so far.

Who do you think deserves much more credit than they get?

For me one that comes to mind is Bush.  They were never really on the A-list but I liked some of their songs quite a bit.  Everything Zen/Machinehead/Glycerine/Mouth...all great stuff.  Once they got to songs like The Chemicals Between Us I abandoned ship but those previously mentioned songs kicked ass!

Candlebox definitely would be on this list for me as well.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Do you mean not at the level of GN'R, AIC, Megadeth in terms of quality or in terms of popularity?

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Do you mean not at the level of GN'R, AIC, Megadeth in terms of quality or in terms of popularity?

We'd have to go with popularity, otherwise opinions would dictate who was or wasn't "at that level".   There are some great groups that I would consider on the same level as those "A groups" I mentioned but just for the sake of making it easier we will go with popularity.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I know what you mean Slinger, add in The Stones, Beatles, Who, Zepp etc to the "A-List"

A few others B-listers, Offspring, Boston (not quite Aerosmith), and I'll put Green Day & Weezer there. GD has potential for longevity to rise, but I still consider them both second tier.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Megadeth is little more than a cult thrash band for those of us cool enough to know Mustaine's been making better music than Metallica for years now. I love Megadeth, but they don't have huge sales. Never did. Green Day is one of the top selling rock bands of the past decade or more, so I don't consider them on a B-list of any sort, despite what some of our opinions of them may be.

See, real B-list bands that I enjoy are bands like Deadsy, Emigrate, Fight/Halford/2wo, Lizzy Borden....

I think some of you are confusing A-list with legendary.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

I think some of you are confusing A-list with legendary.

It's all matter of opinion. I'll always view Green Day as a step down from Nirvana, just my humble outlook on it all. I beleive "A-List", at least in Gunslingers & my opinion, is legendary. I never heard of Deadsy, Emigrate, Fight/Halford/2wo, Lizzy Borden, I don't even think they're B-listers.

Example:
A-List: Guns N Roses
B-List: Skid Row

I agree with you that Megadeth would be a B-Lister. No offense to them or their fans, they just are. IMHO.

AtariLegend wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Megadeth

I'm a huge fan, but I think they are a "B Group" by definition, not exactly on the same level of budget, sales, or respect as many others....

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

This is difficult to define. I mean, Skid Row as B-list... Sebastian Bach still gets notice a decade and a half after they were big. He still gets to be fronting a "supergroup" and having various reality shows with him. And they had 4 or 5 hits. But I guess they could be a B-list, since they get the has-been hairmetal label. I don't know.

If Blind Melon is B-list, they're the best B-list band I've ever known. If not, then... I'll think some more.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Well, I could be stuck in the D-list myself. But c'mon, you've never heard of Halford?!

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

This thread I started has now been changed to the "Underrated Bands" thread.  Any band that you like that you feel did not/has not yet got the credit they deserve.

One for me is Candlebox, they are much better than the amount of success they obtained.  Great music, good writing, so-so sales.

Board footer