You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GnR @ RIR 2008?

Neemo wrote:

They are using Axl's Silhouette on RIR's web page...pretty interesting hmm

Frank Einstein  @ CD.com wrote:

Rock in Rio Lisbon is using an Axl silhouette on the main page of the site to promote the ticket sales which will begin in 5 days: http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/

So far:

Headliners RIR Lisbon http://rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt/

May 30 : Lenny Kravitz, Amy Winehouse
May 31 : Bon Jovi
June 1 : Rod Stewart
June 5 : Metallica, Machine Head, Apocalyptica
June 6 : to be announced

Headliners RIR Madrid  http://www.rockinriomadrid.terra.es/

June 27 : to be announced
June 28 : Tokio Hotel
July 4 : Shakira, Jamiroquai, Amy Winehouse
July 5 : The Police
July 6 : Lenny Kravitz, Franz Ferdinand, Chris Cornell

ojox6p.jpg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha well to shoot that down quick Mysteron has already commented about it @ HTGTH

Mysteron wrote:

Guns N' Roses will not be at Rock in Rio this year

Sorry.

he also went on to say this

Mysteron wrote:

The band are sorting out stuff with the record label. Once that is done, lots of cool things will then happen

AtariLegend wrote:

He could be wrong... 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

I believe Mysteron - and it seems to be the most logical choice as well since they're sorting things out with the record company and Chinese Democracy.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

I believe Mysteron - and it seems to be the most logical choice as well since they're sorting things out with the record company and Chinese Democracy.

RIR is in June or July, so playing there wouldn't hurt.

starsko wrote:

RIR is in June or July, so playing there wouldn't hurt.

I never said that it would hurt to play there, but I don't believe that it'll happen since they're sorting things out with the record company and that should be their main priority at the moment.

What I still believe though is that they will tour fairly soon in support of the album - just not at Rock In Rio.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

RIR is one of the few festivals or the only one a band could (should?) play even without a new album. As much as i'm bored to hear the classics by the 'new' band, playing RIR is always fun.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

RIR is one of the few festivals or the only one a band could (should?) play even without a new album. As much as i'm bored to hear the classics by the 'new' band, playing RIR is always fun.

Indeed.
RIR is the ideal festival to let the world know that you still exist as a band. There are few festivals that have the same impact. Moreover, several artists that had played in 2006 will play again this year.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Mysteron is legit but ANY of us could pretty much be just as accurate on the "information" he provides.  He only tells you what you already know if you have even the smallest hint of an intellect.

"Guns N' Roses will not be at Rock in Rio this year" - wow, imagine that.

"The band are sorting out stuff with the record label.  Once that is done, lots of cool things will then happen" ....ahhh, those key words "once" and "then".

Here's Gunslinger-on's shot at it:

"Gunslinger will not be banging Scarlett Johansson this year"

"'Slinger is currently in negotiations with her trying to convince Scarlett that it woud be in her (and his) best interest to give up the "prize".  Once that happens all kinds of cool things will happen...the economy will flourish, the war will end and Chinese Democracy will debut at #1 and sell a trillion copies"

Just as legitimate but total bullshit.

Board footer