You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: mr robin finck

Neemo wrote:

first time i actually checked this out...its pretty cool if you are into cirque du soliel but again why doesnt robin ever do original material? hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If memory serves me correctly, the ONLY original material non GNR demo related from Finck is on the Ghosts of Mars soundtrack.

I like Finck, but he has a terrible resume. At some point he is going to want to actually start releasing material.

Sky Dog wrote:

Neemo, because he doesn't have a top hat????:butt: ...and isn't this a bit old....I think this board has already ripped him for this enough.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

no i didnt mean it as a slight against him, its just he's got potential to be a decent guitarist...but how can you judge someone's talent when he doesnt release any origianl material aside from a couple tracks on an obscure soundtrack? My buddy is a great guitarist too, he's memorized a whole shit load of tunes from a whole shitload of bands

anyway back on topic i figured this ledzarial was an old project but the video clips say 2006 and hes definately the "new" robin in the video clips, not the "goth" robin which i expected to see based on an old discussion about this project

also the bass player chick Paz Lenchantin, she was the bass player for A Perfect Circle for their first album...i wonder if she and robin met through Billy Howerdel and Josh Freese hmm

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

btw you can blame that post of mine on Axl ...if the album was out we wouldnt be having this discussion 16

seriously though ... he plays Slash's material pretty good ... he plays Jimmy Page's material pretty good ... he plays Trent Reznor's material as well as can be expected...now gimme some Robin Finck material ... thats all i'm asking. I mean he's only been a professional Guitarist in one high profile rockband or another since 1994 19

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

did Robin never write for Trent?
isn't some of NIN stuff his own creation?

or was he always told what to do/play?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
elmir wrote:

nope

elmir wrote:

nope...he does appear in 2 videos and on the live album though

elmir wrote:

i think so yeah

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
elmir wrote:

NIN is and was Trent, even the instruments.  The other guys are touring musicians.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Backslash wrote:
elmir wrote:

NIN is and was Trent, even the instruments.  The other guys are touring musicians.

Sounds familiar.

Board footer