You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Thoughts and conspiracies

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

simply put, this isn't 1991.......the industry is radically changing. The old model just doesn't apply anymore....better be creative.:butt:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

considering the rumored tab that CD has cost the label i would have to agree with starsko...they will go no promotion on it

however i also agree with madagas...they have to be creative about marketing it as well

they definately have their job cut out for themselves

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
madagas wrote:

simply put, this isn't 1991.......the industry is radically changing. The old model just doesn't apply anymore....better be creative.:butt:

Yes, but it doesn't mean that anything that looks "creative" is going to be successful... The problem is that C.D. has to be successful, that's imperative due to the amount of money invested. The Raconteurs or Radiohead haven't that kind of pressure at all !

There are some things that GNR can't do because it would be way too risky. When there are considerable sums of money at stake, you can't do whatever you want...

I'm certain that neither Radiohead nor The Raconteurs spent $ 13 million to record their albums. That gave them the freedom to release their albums in a different way.

Sky Dog wrote:

I have a fairly good grasp of record business economics 101...of course, they are in a different situation. I am not saying they do the Radiohead thing or the Racantouers thing or the NIN thing, just be creative and use the positive things that are being tested by these bands.:cool:

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Since no one answered I have to ask again.  Are Tool really releasing an album this year?  And anyone knows the release date?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Since no one answered I have to ask again.  Are Tool really releasing an album this year?  And anyone knows the release date?

no i dont think so... as you said before they go at least 4 years between disks

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Neemo wrote:

considering the rumored tab that CD has cost the label i would have to agree with starsko...they will go no promotion on it

however i also agree with madagas...they have to be creative about marketing it as well

they definately have their job cut out for themselves

I agree it is a vary tough job. But promoting music can be pretty cost-effective if you want it to be. Create a cheap ARG (not as complex as the Year Zero one) and there you go. Publications are bored with Axl I believe, but if a bunch of websites pop up that seem to hint at a new Guns album, it'll be worth at least a blurb.

Put up some YouTube videos of in-studio recording, nothing much, and put up some we bsites with song clips and people will get interested. This didn't really work that well with NIN in terms of sales because they were so active and WT had come out only 2 years earlier.

Also, if Axl did interviews on news shows and in magazines, with a release date already out there, buzz can be gained.

Not triple platinum buzz, but people will know it's coming out. That's all you can ask for. The rest revolves around whatever product is being sold.

Bumble4tus
 Rep: -3 

Bumble4tus wrote:
madagas wrote:

AGREED...and I love Rush!.....

.no, as far as I know tool isn't releasing this year..I was mentioning what they had done to the powers that be and the parasites in the past......fighting the system of the "way things are done" appeals to me in every conceivable way................I'm a contrary asshole, and don't mind pissing people of to get what I want.

Sky Dog wrote:

The only promotion this thing needs at this point is a good single....get it all over radio, youtube, itunes, etc....the only thing that overcomes a decade of bullshit and skepticism  is a kickass single-and I mean a kickass single. It better be Better than anything we have heard. 16 Nobody wants to hear the hype or talk about this project anymore. Shit or get off the pot. People in the industry and within the Gnr community just want to hear it. If the single is good enough, the album will sell ok just based on brand equity alone. He needs to put out the best he has right off the bat or the whole house of cards comes down for good.:peace:

Board footer