You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Richard to play shows in Japan with X Japan

Neemo wrote:

Richard Fortus will be joining X Japan for their three shows at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan later this month:
March 28th - Night of Destruction
March 29th - Night of Madness
March 30th - Night of Creation

As you might remember, Richard and Robin played X Japan's "Endless Rain" as part of their guitar duet during some of GN'R's Japanese shows in July 2007.

www.heretodaygonetohell.com , www.4tus.com , www.xjapan.ne.jp

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Richard commented on these performances:

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist Comments On Guest Appearance With X JAPAN - Apr. 6, 2008
GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus has commented on his guest appearance with reactivated Japanese rockers X JAPAN during their three reunion shows at the Tokyo Dome at the end of March.

Also performing with X JAPAN at the Tokyo concerts was former LIMP BIZKIT and current BLACK LIGHT BURNS member Wes Borland.

"I'd like to thank X JAPAN and their fans for the kindness and generosity they showed me while I was in Japan," Fortus wrote on his web site. "It was such an incredible honor to be asked to share their stage! This was an event that I will never forget. The last night especially was very magical and incredibly emotional.

"Hide [X JAPAN's influential lead guitarist Hideto 'Hide' Matsumoto who committed suicide in May 1998] was a star of such magnitude that nobody will ever fill the hole he left. It was an honor to be able to pay tribute to him.

"I hope that i am able to do more shows with X JAPAN in the future."

X JAPAN will play its first-ever concert in the U.S. on September 13, 2008 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The band will also perform in Paris, France on July 5.

Video footage of X JAPAN's performances at the Tokyo Dome can be viewed below.

Fortus and fellow GN'R guitarist Robin Finck played X JAPAN's "Endless Rain" as part of their guitar duet during some of GN'R's Japanese shows in July 2007.

X JAPAN's new song, "I.V.", topped iTunes' daily charts upon its release on January 23 in both Overall Sales and Rock categories.

X JAPAN is the first Asian artist to chart high worldwide on iTunes and the Billboard music site Billboard.biz.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=94320

oh no, richard's leaving the band!!!!!!!!!1111111

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

oh no, richard's leaving the band!!!!!!!!!1111111

The band has a tour planned and Fortus mentioned wanting to play with them.  If GNR doesn't have anything planned for this year, it wouldn't surprise me if he continued with X Japan on tour.  Of course, that wouldn't mean he's out of GNR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Someone tell Fortus he can go on a world tour this year. Beta should tell him to "not check back in until at least Spring 2009. Possible rain check for Summer 2009".

I hope he'll be able to play more shows with them if GN'R doesn't have any plans in the near future. (Which I don't believe is the case, just to make that clear)

I watched some clips on YouTube from the shows in Japan and it sounded pretty cool.

Board footer