You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Scott says VR is finished after this tour on stage in Glasgow?! :(

James wrote:

Yeah, Axl needs to stay at least a light year away from this story. I'm sure he's smart enough to not comment on a band that did something productive.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Jeez... this turned into an ugly soap opera pretty fast didn't it?  Scott's being a total twat... it looks like he's pissed that the guys played a show without him or something?  Whatever... time to ditch the VR project and move on.  GNR reunion?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Scott does seem to have overreacted to Matt - but then again we don't know what has been simmering under the surface prior to now that caused this to explode.

I haven't liked the way Weiland has acted much since he has been in VR.  That said, as others have pointed out it must be fucken hard to continually get the GN'R questions, comparisons, reunion talk etc etc.  Just on that point - Axl may wanna have a look at how that played out, for some people the original GN'R (or I'll say at least pre 1993 GN'R - Slash n Axl) is all people are ever willing to accept.  No doubt similar questions and talk will continue to plague Axl and his employees, even if he does finally get the gonads to release CD.

Very interesting that Matt was the one to go into rehab meaning they had to can the Aussie tour.  I also over time have lost respect for Matt.  I used to like him but more and more he seems like a dick too.  His only fall back position is that Adler is probably too fucked to ever be phyisically capable of doing a full world tour by himself in the event the unthinkable happens at some point in the future and there was a reunion.

In the meantime I would assume he will hitch his wagon to whatever Slash and Duff do if he can.  Although it would be interesting to get their honest opinion at the moment of how they feel about Matt too, or whether it was just Weiland and he that had issues.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

So i guess Duff spoke on the matter...also early reports about tonights show seem to say that they are putting on a great show..i'm not writing anything off until an official announcement is made

VELVET REVOLVER Bassist Says 'Exhaustion' Contributed To Australian Tour Postponement - Dec. 7, 2007

When pressed about the nature of illness believed to be affecting two band members, McKagan agreed it was partly due to an exhaustive international tour schedule this year.

"(Exhaustion) has a lot to do with it, it really does. There are a couple of issues health-wise that have been coming to a head and everything will be rectified. These guys are resilient.''

thanks to funky monkey @ HTGTH

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

tonight @ Wolverhampton, England a poster @ velvetrevolverforum.com claims that scott said "as long as the band exists we will give blood sweat and tears"

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
elmir wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Matt is a cock, but Scott is an even bigger cock. He's as uncool as a frontman can be. The guy is just annoying. I never liked him in VR, but I supported Slash & Co's decision. His betrayal is one of the worsts in the history of rock. The other guys did everything to save him and what he's got in return? I have no problems with him rejoining STP, but his disrespect towards Slash & Co is unbelievable. Rid of this junkie and let him die alone. 22

true, he's not the best he could be, but i do sympathize with him a little....since VR started he's faced nothing but GNR related inquiries, comparisons and questions....

he was the frontman, and had no choice or say of who to even hire to be in his band....he was a hired gun in a way, and was treated like one...

and Matt is just a drummer for fuck sake....those STP reunion comments were nothing but disrespectful towards his lead singer...least he could do is stick up for him and pretend like VR was not a manufactured band....instead he made it blatantly obvious that they don't have any rock n roll chemistry...

Cock or not, Scott did not deserve that treatment....anyone else would have buckled under the media pressure and spotlight...

He did the right thing by doing this and pulling out of VR...for his sake, and the band's sake...

Now lets hope that he has no rights to the VR brand name and that Slash and Duff can regroup and work out a positive new direction for the band....hopefully with someone of equal stature to lead the band...

and that they fire Sorum....

what a mess....I would love to know what Axl Rose thinks of this whole thing....

Everyone seems to forget all the shit Scott has taken from Matt in the past.  This blow up can't possibly be a surprise to anyone who has followed the news on this band.

I hope to hell that when a GNR reunion happens, Matt is NOT the drummer.  That guy is a fucking prick.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Scott is right on here. Matt is totally immature. He's about the only member of the band, or any artist as  old as he is, that talks about banging groupies like it's still the cool thing to do.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I hope to hell that when a GNR reunion happens, Matt is NOT the drummer.  That guy is a fucking prick.

Matt will be the drummer if a reunion happens. Adler is too fucked up and might be dead when/if it happens. Besides, while GNR were massive in the 87-89 time frame and AFD is considered their true masterpiece, the band's fame hit its high point during the pre UYI release hysteria.

If/when a reunion happens, the summer 91 touring lineup(Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt, and Dizzy) will be what reunites.

While not the original lineup, its as close as it gets and an announcement of that lineup reuniting will send shockwaves through the music industry(at least for awhile).

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Gretchen Wieners wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Matt will be the drummer if a reunion happens. Adler is too fucked up and might be dead when/if it happens. Besides, while GNR were massive in the 87-89 time frame and AFD is considered their true masterpiece, the band's fame hit its high point during the pre UYI release hysteria.

If/when a reunion happens, the summer 91 touring lineup(Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt, and Dizzy) will be what reunites.

While not the original lineup, its as close as it gets and an announcement of that lineup reuniting will send shockwaves through the music industry(at least for awhile).

I just hope to hell that Steven can pull it together by the time a reunion happens.  It's possible, but it's not likely.

But i would love to see the look on Matt's face when they tell him Steven's the drummer.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer