You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: How much is Axl worth?

In recent years, figures ( don't know what where who got them and how) said Izzy was the richest member of GNR by FAR.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

That could be, Izzy didn't spend as much as any of them and has had a solo career beyond GN'R. But I think Slash probably earned the most.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Communist China wrote:

That could be, Izzy didn't spend as much as any of them and has had a solo career beyond GN'R. But I think Slash probably earned the most.

Izzy stayed away from the drugs and rest of the downward spiral that the rest of them were intertwined with, it would make sense that he'd have a lot of money.

Slash has been involved with a lot of music and has appeared on piles of albums.  If he got paid good money for all that, he should have a big pot of money.

Axl, holding the rights to all the songs should have a lot of money too.  We didn't hear from him for 10 years while he was in seclusion, so I suppose he didn't do much to spend his fortune.

Sky Dog wrote:

They all made most of their money on the uyi tour....Izzy missed almost all of that. No way in hell Izzy has the most. I'm telling you....I bet it is Duff who has the most assets. Axl has probably sunk a good portion of his 19 million from publishing in to this unicorn of an album.:ummm:

and Axl does not own the "rights" to all the songs.......where the hell do you get that?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, Duff likely has a ton of money since he mainly went to college to learn about investment. As far as money from songwriting, Axl and Izzy clearly made the bulk from that, and still do to this day. As far as post GNR careers go, Slash made the most money because he never really stopped working and touring.

Communist China wrote:

Is he the richest current member of GN'R?

probably.. but I'm sure playing guitar for NIN isn't a bad paying gig.. or being in a band like the Replacements.   Buckethead is probably ridiculous loaded too as much music as he puts out.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

dont forget gilby....he was on TSI, and he has become a producer these days...and the whole supernova gig....who knows how much they got for that one, and his touring stints with heart and whoever else.....

i'm sure hes doin pretty good as well, he seems pretty smart as well so he may have invested in good places. this is all speculation really of course, Matt is another one, we cant forget his days from the Cult which i'm sure he gets royalties from still

Sky Dog wrote:

Jimmy, Oh lord no.....Tommy didn't make a penny from the Replacements or his solo stuff. Why do you think he was selling toner over the phone when Axl took him in?:laugh: Axl has opened up a lot of closed doors for Tommy...solo records, now soundtracks and music scores. The Mats probably sell a few records and have a stellar reputation in the industry, but it isn't enough for Tommy to make a good living on. Axl really helped get his name back in the press....Robin most likely doesn't have much either, he was just a touring musician and he really only did a few big tours. None of these guys have a fraction of what the old band members have...Adler included! These are blue collar musicians looking for their big financial break. It doesn't mean they are any less musicians....just not as financially succesful.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Is he the richest current member of GN'R?

probably.. but I'm sure playing guitar for NIN isn't a bad paying gig.. or being in a band like the Replacements.   Buckethead is probably ridiculous loaded too as much music as he puts out.

I seriously doubt BH has much money. Most of his money is probably from what he earned in GNR. His fanbase is REALLY small, and he puts out too many records for them to buy them all.

Yeah, I'm sure Finck is nowhere close to being in a welfare line. On salary with Axl for approaching 10 years, did work with NIN, and has also done some soundtrack work. Stinson has money no doubt, and if he ever needs more, he can always do a Replacements reunion.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

In the past Tommy and Paul had joked that they wouldn't do a Replacements reunion until the money was right. Given that they recorded and played live together last year either Tommy decided to cash that cheque, or he and Paul were already financially stable enough.

They've both been working on movie scores, and I'm sure Tommy would have taken a cut of the Replacements Best Of released last year. There's a Mats boxset coming out this year too (apparently) so he might get a cut of that, though PW was the main songwriter and will no doubt get the bulk of it.

Was Tommy really selling toner when Axl offered him the position in GNR? 14

Board footer