You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

On the Alternate forum, I had a thread that was asking if anyone heard of BBF before GNR.   I haven't and now I have Normal and Uncool and I love both albums.

Here are some quotes from that thread

Doubletalkingjive
I have Uncool and I really dig it, Normal to me is completely different from Uncool.  I feel Uncool has a more funky, techo rap, blusey, nightloungey [hence tjones, BBF says goodnight..LOL] type of sound.  What I love is that both albums are so different, shows alot of versatility from Ron.   Excellent I say!

I have to say Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You remake is awesome!!!!!

russtcb
Now I really gotta check this out. My little brother covered that song on his album and it was a great take on the song. I'd like to hear Ron's version.

Jimmy "Zig Zag" Bobiadis
yea you can't really classify the music as one genre.  BBF does EVERYTIHNG.   You name it, theres probably a song on one of his albums in that style.   Which is why I'm glad hes been so cool with me about his music.

Doubletalkingjive
Has he seen a sample of your work with his music?

Jimmy "Zig Zag" Bobiadis
yes he has.  thats why he always calls me "Bob, that frikin perv"

luckylittlelady
I've been listening to some samples from bumblefoot.com and on you tube.  I LOVE T Jonez!  Was nothing like I expected and was just so...different.  But that's and awesome different.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

alexh0618 wrote:

I really dig this album. Like most of the GN'R community, I didn't know who Bumblefoot was until he got involved with the band. This album is a really great record. My favorite song is "Rockstar for a Day." It's funny because now his in a big-name band and many more people know about him. Every song on this album is great, they flow along together very well and have great melodies. If haven't checked out this album yet, do it! Check out the solo on "Breaking" and try to tell me that Bumble can't shred and display emotion at the same time.

James
 Rep: 612 

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

James wrote:

Never heard it. Only heard a few songs from him, and I wasn't very impressed. Doesn't mean I think he sucks, maybe I heard the wrong songs.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

alexh0618 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Never heard it. Only heard a few songs from him, and I wasn't very impressed. Doesn't mean I think he sucks, maybe I heard the wrong songs.

The same thing happened to me. I only heard a few of his songs, mostly older ones, but then I listened to this album and it changed my mind about his solo stuff.

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

alexh0618 wrote:

I really dig this album. Like most of the GN'R community, I didn't know who Bumblefoot was until he got involved with the band. This album is a really great record. My favorite song is "Rockstar for a Day." It's funny because now his in a big-name band and many more people know about him. Every song on this album is great, they flow along together very well and have great melodies. If haven't checked out this album yet, do it! Check out the solo on "Breaking" and try to tell me that Bumble can't shred and display emotion at the same time.

Rockstar for a Day is a great song and the lyrics crack me up. 14

Breaking is brilliant, his mix of soft ballad combined with a hard, shredding, emotional solo is just amazing.

It definitely flows.   Some of my other favs are Turn Around, Overloaded and Awake 9

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

I have to agree with James.

I'm not at all impressed with BBF's playing.

I've heard a few of his songs and I just don't get what the attraction is.

The way he tries shredding some of the gunner classics just completely ruins the song, IMO.


bba

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

Definitely let us know how you like it.  9  or not  hmm

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

I've been listening to Uncool in the car all day.  It's great, I also love the Can't Take My Eyes Off You cover.

Normal is next on the list of purchases, I think.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Definitely let us know how you like it.  9  or not  hmm

I've been listening to Normal for a couple days now. I like it enough to want to buy more. Whats the album with "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" on it?

Uncool

Re: BBF - Normal Cont'd

luckylittlelady wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Definitely let us know how you like it.  9  or not  hmm

I've been listening to Normal for a couple days now. I like it enough to want to buy more. Whats the album with "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" on it?

Uncool

Russ, that's great!   Yeah Uncool is great!   It's a completely different sounding album.  There are a few songs that are so funky, it's mind blowing that when you see him GNR and listen to an album like Uncool, it's like wow I can't believe how he can do that and that and that and that...LOL

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB