You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The RAMBO Thread

PaSnow wrote:
downliner wrote:

Rambo III was one too many. I thought the storyline was weak when stacked up against the first two. The original story was believeable, the second not-quite-so, and the third I found ridiculous ~ I just failed to believe in the character or the plot. The "one man army" idea was taken way too far, taking on an entire army was laughable.

That was the excess of the 80's, and Stallone was the epitome of it at the time. Rocky IV was atrocious. Fighting the evil Russian. It was terrible, possibly the worst of them all. Although III & V were pretty bad as well.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with the Rocky assessment, but not Rambo.

Rocky should've never had sequels. Ever. It worked as an amazing stand alone film. Giving it sequels still boggles the mind. Rocky II was decent, and I actually thought Rocky VI was pretty good too, but in-between - ugh. Rocky III was plagued with the '80s' like Rocky IV, and Rocky V was just a sign of going one too many times to the well. He just looked like an aging action star in need of a paycheck with that film.

Then again I always preferred Rambo to Rocky, so maybe i'm biased.

As for that Alternate Ending up there for First Blood, pretty obvious why that happened. They wanted sequels obviously for a character like that.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Tango & Cash was a great film, I like it how never got a sequel, it keeps its uniqueness. Its damn funny.

I cried my eyes out when my dad took my older brother to see Rocky IV in the cinema and I got left at home for being too young. The bastards lets me watch Rocky 1, 2 and 3 but I'm too young for 4?! What do I get, mum taking me to see The Black Cauldron 10

I gave a a presentation in college about the Rocky films and designed a poster for Rocky 6, years before it even came out. Totally unrelated to the course, but it was all about communiction skills and the Rocky box set was flavour of the month in my student flat.

I have never seen a full Rambo film to be honest, I think I will check out First Blood asap.

Board footer