You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

Will wrote:
sic. wrote:
downliner wrote:

I'm not expecting an update from GNR on this. Nor am I expecting my free Dr. Pepper. I'll just enjoy a few months of silence smile

Since when has a lead guitar player left GNR without any comment?

I didn't say Robin had left GNR. I said GNR released those updates prior to Trent making his announcement as damage control for Robin going out on tour with Trent, and basically nailing the coffin shut for an album release in 2008.

With GNR not planning anything in the near future Robin decides to take Trent up on the opportunity to tour. It's forced Axl out of his silence.

Dr. Pepper was a clever smokescreen for the news that Chinese Democracy wont be coming out anytime soon. I doubt anyone at Dr. P gives a shit about GNR, but will gladly work with them to gain free exposure to millions of people.

Idk, maybe Im being to paranoid 18 19

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
downliner wrote:
sic. wrote:
downliner wrote:

I'm not expecting an update from GNR on this. Nor am I expecting my free Dr. Pepper. I'll just enjoy a few months of silence smile

Since when has a lead guitar player left GNR without any comment?

I didn't say Robin had left GNR. I said GNR released those updates prior to Trent making his announcement as damage control for Robin going out on tour with Trent, and basically nailing the coffin shut for an album release in 2008.

With GNR not planning anything in the near future Robin decides to take Trent up on the opportunity to tour. It's forced Axl out of his silence.

Dr. Pepper was a clever smokescreen for the news that Chinese Democracy wont be coming out anytime soon. I doubt anyone at Dr. P gives a shit about GNR, but will gladly work with them to gain free exposure to millions of people.

Idk, maybe Im being to paranoid 18 19

So let me get this straight, Guns N' Roses is conspiring with a major soft drink company in a plot to cover up the exact nature of the status of a cd that has been in production for 13 years? 

No... not paranoid at all.  16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Tommie wrote:

So let me get this straight, Guns N' Roses is conspiring with a major soft drink company in a plot to cover up the exact nature of the status of a cd that has been in production for 13 years? 

No... not paranoid at all.  16

Umm, yeh something like that 14 I think I need a holiday from GNR 17

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
downliner wrote:

I think I need a holiday from GNR 17

That's what Robin said. 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Axl hinted that 2008 is the year, and if that's the case you'd expect Robin to be in GNR to tour behind the album.

What i honestly think is that the album is fully done, therefor Finck decided to tour with NIN while all the negotiations and promo are done. When the date is set and Axl is gearing up to drop it, Finck will be back in GNR. I can't imagine he would put this much effort behind it to bail out at the last minute. This album will put him on the map as an amazing guitar player. It will solidify these guys reputations as amazing musicians. BH will gain more fame and recognition from it, same with every other player in the band, who until this point, all of them are relatively unknown in the mainstream eye except Axl. I can't see any of them bailing.

And honestly, i can't see BH remaining out of the band either. This is his excellence shining as well. Same with Brain. I expect the band that's on the album to tour behind it. Any other way but that is just pointless.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I expect the band that's on the album to tour behind it. Any other way but that is just pointless.

While that would be great it would be difficult to do.  Especially since Ron and Frank supposedly recorded parts for tracks too.  That would give us at least Ron, Bucket, Robin, and Richard on guitar with maybe even a guest appearance by Paul and some others.  That's way too many to tour with.

Remember that the UYI tour went without Izzy for a large part, so it would be a somewhat similar scenario if GNR toured this time around with different players on the album than on the tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Saikin wrote:

And honestly, i can't see BH remaining out of the band either. This is his excellence shining as well. Same with Brain. I expect the band that's on the album to tour behind it. Any other way but that is just pointless.

Perhaps...but if Axl can do world tours on AFD without Slash, Izzy and and Duff, then it wouldn't be a big jump to do a full CD album show without Buckethead and Robin.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Saikin wrote:

When the date is set and Axl is gearing up to drop it, Finck will be back in GNR. I can't imagine he would put this much effort behind it to bail out at the last minute.

I don't know why anybody would think this is the "last minute" of the CD saga.  I think his leaving (even if it's just temporary) is a pretty good indication this is nowhere near the last minute.

Sky Dog wrote:

I would have to agree.:/

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
Saikin wrote:

This album will put him on the map as an amazing guitar player. It will solidify these guys reputations as amazing musicians. BH will gain more fame and recognition from it, same with every other player in the band, who until this point, all of them are relatively unknown in the mainstream eye except Axl. I can't see any of them bailing.

Dream on. Not gonna happen.

Board footer