You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Everyone show your support for R o B i N with an exclusive new skin

DCK wrote:

he coundnt even writte a couple of sentences to inform gnr fans about his temporary/permanent exit.

Yep.

Not even "dudes, stay tuned and relax, I'll inform you soon!"

It's SO not good PR for your person when there's a picture of you on another bands website with the words "welcome back".

It's like accidentely catching your girlfriend cheating on you by finding a picture of her doing your friend online 13

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

support robin for what??

Do you not like any of the post 94 material? If you do like them, show your support for that.

Its just a skin used to show some support in a time of uncertainty. Its not like downliner created a particle accelerator and I pushed the wrong button creating mass chaos.

If you don't like Robin or have no interest in this type of "support", then just switch back to your regular skin. All of the prior skins remain.

As far as calling this place a communist regime, you know thats bullshit. I kinda view this site like the Green Bay Packers. Everyone in the community has stock in it. Its the people here that make this site worthwhile, not skins or who the "regime" is.

Showing general support for Finck at GNR Evolution is NOT forcing any belief system down anyones throat.

Robin is the shit.   If you get a chance to see him this summer with Trent, do it!  you won't be disappointed. 3

Big Gun wrote:

support robin for what?? he coundnt even writte a couple of sentences to inform gnr fans about his temporary/permanent exit. there is so may ways now days - very little effort needed -  to let your fans know that you appriciate them.

he's communicated with GnR fans before.   maybe he doesn't think he needs to because nothing has changed to his status in the band?  Maybe things are still be negotiatied and he can't talk about it?  we don't know.

Support Robin because he's an amazing artist, a top-notch entertainer, and a humble, genuine guy.   He was hugely responsible for making each GnR show I've ever been to a once in a life time experience.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I like the Skin

I like Robin, out of the band and in

I love Better

I don't like silence.

Slightly off subject - does Trent have it in for Axl, and vice versa? Do they actually genuinely dislike each other? Maybe they're best of buddies and both in on the act!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As far as calling this place a communist regime, you know thats bullshit. I kinda view this site like the Green Bay Packers. Everyone in the community has stock in it. Its the people here that make this site worthwhile, not skins or who the "regime" is.

Showing general support for Finck at GNR Evolution is NOT forcing any belief system down anyones throat.

James Lofton making a Packers reference...sweet.  5

I do know it's bullshit james, but prior to yesterday, I also thought I knew that I'd never have to open the site and stare at Finck.  What we know changes - it's always changing.  Making a thread letting everybody know a new skin was created was plenty.  Changing everybody to that skin was the first time between this site and the former site that I ever felt I was being told to support something that I didn't want to support.  I didn't like the way that made me feel.  I vocalized it as a joke initially, but more seriously when you assumed I'd be all for it if it were a Slash skin.

There has to be a better way to show support than that.  Send him an e-card.  Write him a poem.  Create a new section of the forum just for him.  I'd be extremely supportive of any of those.

Sky Dog wrote:

do you think you are POSSIBLY taking this skin thing a bit too seriously? Honest question.:/

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Everything starts somewhere.  Honest answer.  It was unnecessary.  I take everything pretty seriously if you haven't figured that out yet.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Everything starts somewhere.  Honest answer.  It was unnecessary.  I take everything pretty seriously if you haven't figured that out yet.

First we're changing skins, next thing we're monitoring your phone calls...

Really, it's not that hard.  If you don't like it, you can always change it to whatever you like... it's not like the rest of the skins were deleted and you have to look at the fuzzy troll doll all day.  It's your choice if you want to change it.  What does it take, like 5 seconds?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Everything starts somewhere.

we are not gonna turn into some sorta blind faith followers if thats what you mean...like i said before it was just something to a knowledge the uncertainty in the guns n roses lineup at the moment

Board footer