You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: I wish someone would leak the damn thing...

monkeychow wrote:

Surely a leak will come soon then right? Like if the label vs Axl business negotiations go into perminant deadlock, and robin (one of the key foundations of the 'new' era) exiting the band...it's starting to look like its going to be a "never" release for CD..at least in its current "finished" form....surely in those circumstances someone that has the thing will snap and leak it....

Its like the project is cursed. Just as in 04 Tommy heard the final mixes. Now I suspect in 2010 we may be talking about how in 2008 the album was finished and turned in.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

People mainly just want closure now. A lot of the excitement for this project has faded.

James Lofton wrote:

A lot of the excitement for this project has faded.

Still, the world goes crazy once there's (big) news about it.

I have no doubt in my mind that it will sell really good once it's out there. The question that remains, though - will it leak in its complete form before it's actually released?

You can't really tell at this point.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

People mainly just want closure now. A lot of the excitement for this project has faded.

Have to say I agree with you. In a sense I am already feeling I have closure, somehow the complete mess that this project seems to be in now makes me think we were lucky with the leaks and tours and anything we do hear or see would be an added bonus. Thanks Axl I have my piece of mind.

That doesn't mean I can't be excited but I don't have that same rabid urge for new stuff anymore. The lack of publicity and fan interaction has a lot to do with that btw (I have to admit though the whole silent and mysterious thing worked for a while, probably up until they started touring).

For me personally if GNR released 1-2yrs ago they wouldn't have had to do a thing to spark my interest. Now all of a sudden they're going to have to work harder.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The album isn't going to leak.  It's more valuable now than it was a week ago if you're a hoarder.  Why leak something that's nowhere near being released?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree if your a horder the value only goes up with each year and especuially if the band goes into hiatus for years while searching for new member(s).

But there must be people now who have the album and arn't horders. Like the folks at the record company. Obviously they wont purposely leak it and loose dollars. But all it takes is one dodgy employee or dodgy friend/relative of someone to start the chain....

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

If Axl and the record company really are deadlocked and can't come to an agreement, I could potentially see one party secretly leaking one or two songs to try and break the deadlock and force the others hand.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I think a leak is coming this year, possibly before Halloween.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think a leak is coming this year, possibly before Halloween.

why do you think that?

if a tv show really happens there could be one. especially if there is any rehearsals of the band playing unheard material.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I think that a leak will come either way... If the album is going to be released this year, hoarders will no longer be able to hold this "valuable treasure" much longer and will only be able to feed their egos by leaking before the album is released.  If that doesn't happen, the entire album will leak before entering stores anyway, as every other album does.

If the album isn't coming this year and it looks as bleak as ever, someone close to the label or band will throw us a bone and leak something we haven't heard before.  It wouldn't be the first time...

Board footer