You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: My Current Theory

war wrote:

nobody seemed to believe the tv show thing and i did not at first but.......

after absorbing all of the things going on right now and all of the rumors and bits of confirmed info going on, i have come to a new theory on what is going on right now nehind the scenes. i wouldn't bet money on it so don't pummel me here. just a theory

in order:

album complete - check

this rumored reality tv show will happen

dr pepper will promote itself and gnr by giving out free pop in '09 with release date on cans

cd will be released in '09 folowed by a world tour

nin tour will have ended and finck will now be free to tour with gnr

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't want to make this a bash your theory thread, so I'll post mine:

Album Complete.

Axl & label holding up for some $$ issues. Neither is budging. My guess, Label wants to withhold the first $13 mil Axl would earn (ie. Everything) since he recv'd this in an advance. Also, as a previous post stated, digital downloading is being debated. My other guess, the contract is 10+ years old, and doesn't speak of downloading since it wasn't around back then. Axl figures he owns the rights to download digitally and should get all the revenue from iTunes, the label feels the contract needs to be reworked. Axl ties the two together & states well if we can rework that we should rework the $13 mil advance. Hence, a stalemate.

Robin no longer a contracted employee of GnR (although Axl assumed the members would stick around. Isn't BBF said to be working on more solo stuff).

Robin joins NIN freely, since he doesn't have a contract or boss he'd need to inform.

Oh and the Dr Pepper was just that, a very clever marketing press release. No ties to GnR after all. Probably was supposed to be sent on April 1st though. Just my humble opinion.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I respect your optimism.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

NIN tour goes on for longer than that.

Robin is lost. With the current schedule of things you won't see Robin back in GNR. Might as well start looking for a new guy now if they're gonna release an album or tour the next 2 years.

war

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

NIN tour goes on for longer than that.

Robin is lost. With the current schedule of things you won't see Robin back in GNR. Might as well start looking for a new guy now if they're gonna release an album or tour the next 2 years.

NIN will not tour all the way through '09

and if they do my current theory stays the same except the legnth of the nin tour and thelegnth of the reality tv show 10

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

for with teeth NIN toured for 17 months...that would land it in dec 09 hmm

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I'm still sticking to the idea that Robin's not staying with NIN during the entire time.  His site may say he's touring all the way through, but if through some miracle CD actually sees the light of day, Robin may come back to the fold.  He's flown the coop before.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

My opinion:

Axl will release CD.

BH will be back in the band, if he isn't already

They will tour shortly to promote it

GNR reuinion sooner than we expect

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

heres a theory i jsut thought of that i posted in the VR section....

what better way to get a buzz for GnR than to do a short reunion tour? make a ton of cash, satisfy the label, release CD on its heals ..... and watch it go hmm

war

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

for with teeth NIN toured for 17 months...that would land it in dec 09 hmm

i was under the impression that nin was significantly more popular back then

Board footer