You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: My Current Theory

elmir wrote:

ok...i know Tommy said some possibly negative things about Bucket...but i dont remember anyone else having done so....

Robin's not the type to slander people the way Tommy does. He could have the same feelings, but we wouldn't know.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

exaclty.

and he may be dissapointed with bringing someone back that left for no apparent reason, other than to work on his solo projects which the current members have managed to do in addition to gnr. it has been rumored that he and brain would return upon release of album. i don't think finck would quit though, knowing it was going to happen.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Just seems like robin comming back for "limited engaments" while otherwise touring with NiN wouldn't create the impression of a cohesive full band like you'd think they'd want to for the release of CD.

The bucket back idea seems to be being brought up a lot. Is there any hint that bucket is back though or is it just that a lot of people seem to want it.

I don't think theres a reunion with the old line up happening either. Although Scott and Robin quitting at once is maybe God's way of telling Axl and Slash to stop kidding around wink

Another possible theory. Some say an album was turned in and rejected in 02. Maybe this album negotiation whatever it is, as been so hard to solve that axl has begun chaging the album again...and robin can't take re-starting it for the zillionth time....

I wish one side would give us an update...cos right now it could be anything...could be Axl wears Zebra socks and robin didn't like it when bumble said they were cooler than his spiderman boxers. We're forced to speculate.

it has been rumored for a while that he and brain would return upon release of the album. brain has never been confirmed to be out of gnr but as to be on a break. buckethead on the other hand, quit. i would say brain may still be under some sort of agreement to return but i would be surprised if buckethead is or has been. but that doesn't rule out axl bringing him back in time of need i.e. if finck doesn't come back.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

When thinking about it, something is bound to happen during the Olympics in China.

I'll bet five bucks on it.

You know where you read it first... If you want your money.

"Betting" five bucks on it if it didn't happen would probably be too big of a risk.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:

I'm down with the bet, I just wanna make sure of what the details are.

Obviously, it would be the PERFECT time to "drop" Chinese Democracy and that's something that I truly believe will happen during that time.

I'm not talking about an announcement, I'm talking about the actual release.

As for material being used in the actual Olympics and so forth... It would be a great way to promote the thing.

Not that this record needs anymore than it already has gotten during all these years, but it's still an amazing scenario that they can take full advantage off - if they want to.

Chinese Democracy starts in Beijing. Even if it'll cost me five bucks.

(And damn, I'm optimistic to the bone!)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The olympics will have nothing to do with CD, and vice versa. I still don't understand why people think the album is China related. Every time China farts, some people think it increases awareness about the album, or Axl might have something to say.

If CD had ANYTHING to do with China, Axl would have issued a statement the moment this violence in Tibet broke out. It would have brought him a LOT of attention for doing so at the start of the crisis.

His silence speaks volumes on the subject.

I'll take that bet as well.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm down with the bet, I just wanna make sure of what the details are.

I'm not talking about an announcement, I'm talking about the actual release.

Count me in on this bet.

James Lofton wrote:

I still don't understand why people think the album is China related.

I actually don't, but the name of the album combined with the major buzz surrounding China will help the album at the same time as it reached out to the general public.

In the end, it's about the money and I doubt that the label want to throw away more "millions of dollars" on plain, ordinary promotion if it doesn't gain the profit that they're probably demanding at this point, and that's where it all begins.

I don't necessarily mean that they would be apart of the actual Olympics, even if it came across that way - all I'm saying is that the possibility is there, probably together with a rather large price-tag.

But as GN'R already have got "free" promotion from Dr. Pepper, why not take it a step further?

It would be a smart move, as would it increase the chances of the record selling more copies, and I doubt that people would disagree with me on that.

If it's done properly, that's the golden chance for Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy to make their final and long awaited debut.

Agree or disagree as much as you'd like.

Board footer