You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Read any good books lately?

Will wrote:
downliner wrote:

Reading an awesome Steven King book called "Needful Things". If you like Kings other works check it out

One of the characters is called Reverand William Rose smile

"In a world where theres a Michael Jackson and an asshole like Axl Rose anything's possible I suppose" is also a direct quote from the book 14

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i need to set some time aside to start reading again...i got a plethora of books that have never been opened 17

I wanna read the King book with stand by me in it...i think it has the story from green mile too

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

"World Without End" 2007 sequel to "Pillars of the Earth" 1989 long wait but worth it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
downliner wrote:
downliner wrote:

Reading an awesome Steven King book called "Needful Things". If you like Kings other works check it out

One of the characters is called Reverand William Rose smile

"In a world where theres a Michael Jackson and an asshole like Axl Rose anything's possible I suppose" is also a direct quote from the book 14

King is definitely a GNR fan. There are various Axl references in some of his stories.

Needful Things isn't that bad, although thats when he was on the decline. His next book(Gerald's Game) was a monstrosity. I never took King seriously after that. Some of his work since is ok, but he lost me as a hardcore reader after The Dark Half, which was practically a Secret Window retread.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Neemo wrote:

i need to set some time aside to start reading again...i got a plethora of books that have never been opened 17

I wanna read the King book with stand by me in it...i think it has the story from green mile too

That's in Different Seasons, the story is called The Body, the Shawshank Redemption is also in there.  The Green Mile is a seperate novel.

I'm moving to a new flat and it's right next to an excellent second hand bookstore, can't wait to see what I find in there.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

got bout 50 pages left of Duma Key which has been fantastic

Preordered the 4th installment of Dean Koontz' "Odd Thomas" Series.

Those books are fantastic!

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

I was reading Blowing Up Russia, by Alexander Litvenyenko.  It's pretty scary stuff about how the secret services cn get out of control, I recommend it for all those interested in politics in any way!.  The fact that the author was assassinated pretty much confirms what the book says is true.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Needful Things isn't that bad, although thats when he was on the decline. His next book(Gerald's Game) was a monstrosity. I never took King seriously after that. Some of his work since is ok, but he lost me as a hardcore reader after The Dark Half, which was practically a Secret Window retread.

Funny you should mention Geralds Game as it's the only Stephen King book I haven't been able to finish smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i just finished "Billy the Kid: The Endless Ride" by Michael Wallis.

Its a bigraphical attempt at Billy The Kids life. it was pretty good, lots of pictures, and lots of history into the wild west

if you are interested in that period at all i would recommend it, its a short read so its not too bad, and its pretty documentary like so there isnt too much action or anything but very informative none the less 22

the book is 325 pages long but only 250 is the actual biography, the rest is a bibliography and an index

most of the characters in the young guns movie were actually real people..thogh the movies were obviously made to hollywood standards...but some of the stuff in the movies actually happened though

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I just read 'Bleachers' by John Grisham. It was a really good read, short book, reads fast. It's about a former star QB from a small town down south who went on to college to be an all-star QB in college & has a bad knee injury. He never returned to his hometown & is now 15 years later & he hears their former coach is dying. He goes back to the town & reconvenes with alot of former players & they share stories & talk about the good ole days. Something he always didn't want to do. I recommend this book.

Board footer