You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: A win - win situation for Axl?

Abbey_Road wrote:

With all the developments in the past few weeks, what is your opinion on this:

1.)  Axl releases CD

OR

2.)  Axl does a reunion show with original members minus Steven and Izzy only does a few shows and they have a "fill in" for him on the shows he doesn't do.

Personally, this is where I can see how Axl is smart.  He has placed himself in a position now where whatever he decides to do, it would only be a positive move.

The online community either wants CD or they want a reunion or both. 

So how could any of this damage or make Axl look bad?

He's not really backed into a corner.  At least, I don't see how he is.  If he does a reunion show or if he releases CD, he will make his fanbase happy.

Do you feel it would be a step back for Axl to do a reunion show?

Some of the pros:

1.)  Good money making opportunity which would be to Axl's and eveyone else in GNR's benefit.

2.)  A chance to make all the past bullshit water under the bridge. 

3.)  A chance to be on top of the world again.

Some pros to release CD:

1.)  A chance to prove to the world Axl's real talents and the musicians talents on CD to a lot of people don't know anything about then.

2.)  Good money making opportunity.  Even those who still think Slash and Duff are in the band will still buy CD because everyone knows of Axl Rose and they know and will be curious to what he has done.

3.)  A chance to be on top of the world again.

4.)  A personal acheivement for Axl.  Let's face it, Axl has already proved he can tour successfully without his original members.  And we know he's very talented and an awesome frontman.  Releasing CD would be a way for him to feel liberated.

What do you think?  I really can't find any cons to either situation.  Even those who don't like Axl or blame him for the original breakup will still be curious and buy CD.  And if a reunion comes first, it would only generate the GNR buzz upswing.

Discuss.

Sky Dog wrote:

the problem is option 3....the one where Axl does neither 1 or 2!!!:laugh::butt::peace:

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
madagas wrote:

the problem is option 3....the one where Axl does neither 1 or 2!!!:laugh::butt::peace:

I doubt Axl would go this far and hide away.  He has too much too accompolish.:thumbup:

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Well, a reunion tour would bring both bands ( GNR and VR) more exposure after.

People who knew the original lineup or the songs would be over the moon ( even the ones who don't belong to a fanbase or a GNR community) and if things went really well, the radios and different mainstream professionals would be more interested in what both bands do and would take them more seriously ( because in the end, without a singer, I don't see how VR can be taken seriously).

At this stage, without a singer for VR, I think a reunion tour could be good for both bands.

great, another reunion thread

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

great, another reunion thread

So what ?

If it were me, i'd take everyone, both old and new on stage, do old songs with 6 people on guitars, do something outrageous and huge, and plays both new VR and GNR songs, have a 3 to 4 hour concert each time leaving plenty of time for Axl to breathe during sets ( especially slash's solos, they always last forever yawn) ....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sometimes i wonder if axl has gotten too used to being outside of public eye and that we wont see him in a public capacity for any long period of time... hmm maybe Axl doesnt wanna tour CD and thats why robin left for NIN

anyway i think the only option at this point for Axl is to release CD or negotiate for a plan with Universal to either finish his contract with them and do things on his own dime from now on .... or release CD and finance the band for future projects...as much as we hear that Axl isnt in it for the money i feel that its all about $$$ right now and until its sorted out nothin is gonna happen...id bet anything that that is why Robin is with Trent right now...hes sick of sittin on his hands waiting for the administration to sort itself out...and i wouldnt be shocked to see Tommy do something in the coming months...maybe he'll get back with Westerburg for something

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Not sure if I would call it a "win-win". One happening has drastic consequences on the other, so instead of one happening, the band always stays in limbo.

Cant move forward because it signifies the death of the old band(possible major loss of revenue, a change in legacy,etc.), and cant move back because he would be admitting defeat and the whole wait/myth/album was all for nothing.

So Axl takes a bizarre middle ground instead. He does AFD tours with a few CD era tracks thrown in while promising a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow no one but 'yes men' ever get to see, and tries to keep the various segments of his fanbase happy, but while trying to do that no one is happy.

I am not surprised that the band is averaging a departure every couple years. These guys want to create and release music.

I've said that since I started posting in early 2004, how can these band members stay in this band with so little movement.   They tour the same exact show since 2002, with what 2 songs added from CD and one other older song, I mean talk about getting bored, holy shit.   With major long breaks inbetween.  I am surprised the long time members have lasted this long.   As James said, this could be the beginning of them one by one starting to leave.

As far as win, win as James said if he throws in the towel and does reunites with the old GNR, his integrity would go down the toilet as far as CD is concerned, although I don't know what alot of people think about his integrity after this long drawn out saga anyway where the fans year after certains years have been told this thing was gonna drop and never has, not to mention what his own band members think.   Well we can see what Robin thinks.

Board footer