You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: The Rant Thread

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

On the girl front

Girls do want the nice, great guy

Its just THEY WANT to be the reason u turn into the great nice guy. Girls see men as projects and they like taking a guy and molding them into their ideal man. It boosts their self esteem. Girls like a guy who is a challenge. its really weird.

I will say this though: not all girls are like this, just the shitty ones. Its best to just move a long when u meet a girl like this. Don't even try cause u won't find happiness there. If a girl is into bullshit and games, don't waste your time.

I learned that shit the hard way.

The only women, imo, that try to mold a guy into their ideal man, is a woman that doesn't want a man. They want a robot. They don't want a human being, with feelings, opinions, and an outlook on life.

I've never been with a girl like that myself, but I did have a very close friend that had one in high school, and it... whew... it was a nightmare. That girl, he could tell her the sky was blue, and she'd go out the door to check. He was untrustworthy, but he went above and beyond for her, and she still wanted more, more, more. She didn't want him to be him, she wanted a dog that would jump when she said jump, earn when she said earn, and fuck her when she asked, and nothing else. Very bossy, very controlling. And to no one's shock - her parents relationship of 20 years at that time, was the same way. The father was a very passive, silent type, that only moved when he was given orders.

When my friend and her broke up, she immediately expressed interest in me... and I very quickly said - no ma'am. She and I struck up a BIG friendship for years - caused I turned her down.

Still don't get it. He wanted her, wanted her, wanted her, and did the world for her. I couldn't stand her, and she wouldn't go away.

You aren't really my best friend in real life are you?  That last line basically sounds just like him.

Unfortunately, my last relationship was along the lines of what you said.  There were differences though, because she couldn't mold me.  I would do just about anything for her, but i did draw lines.  More often than not, i would end up doing way more for her than she did for me.  She never trusted me.  Just because she's a cheater (found out through the breakup), and has been cheated on- i HAVE to also be a cheater- which i am not. 

She's a messed up individual.  She wants to be her dad.  Her dad is completley controlling of her mom, down to like even the simplest decisions.  My ex's new boyfriend is a pushover.  He's the dog that i refused to be for her. 

And even though we've been broken up just probably around 2 months, she's engaged to this guy. 

In her defense though, they did technically start dating before we broke up. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yep, and that's what they want out of life. You're the better that the relatioship didn't work out.

I feel sad for the girls, because they ALL have a story as to why they developed such a complex on men. Daddy cheated on mommy or vice versa, the first boy they ever fell in love with broke their heart when they cheated, or they are surrounded by a bunch of girlfriends who tell them "all men cheat", because of their own fucked up lives.

It's sad. I hold out hope for something better. Something more, but even men within the last couple of pages, have basically thrown in the towel with women, just like the women do with men.

Somewhere along the lines, alot of girls were convinced they controlling a man like a puppet master, is the only way to control the outcome. The irony of it all, it just makes it worse.

I don't mind a tough as nails, bit-bossy, A-type personality woman. In fact, I love that independence in women. I don't like pushover girls. Makes me not respect them. But honesty & trust is the core to what it's all about, and yes we're all human, we all makes mistakes, we all lie... but lies are weighed on scale. Cheating and lying about it pretty much kills the honesty factor, which then in turns kills the trust.

Who wants a girlfriend, or wife, that everytime she's 10 minutes late coming home from work... you wonder. Everytime she's going out with friends, and its better you just stay home... you wonder.

A friend of mine who's currently going through a nasty divorce, tried to patch things up... and he asked my honest opinion of if he should even try. I explained to him, it's his life, and his decision, and if he can deal with that, fine. But the truth of the matter is, 30 years down the road, if you're still married.... it'll be still, right there in the back of your mind, fresh as if it'd happened yesterday. As soon as someone cheats, the trust is gone forever, and it'll NEVER return, fully. Some people can live with that. Some can't. I can't.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Not really a rant but I got into a fender bender today. My car was fine, but I'm always unsure exactly what to do in these circumstances. Years ago I hit a lady (similar thing, but that time I rear ended her at a light) and her car was fine, she was nice & just asked for my insurance info to take it down. She said one time she was hit in a similar way, and checked it out & let it go. A few days/weeks later had car problems underneatch the bumper (brakes/Axel or something) and had to pay for it since she didn't have the guys insurance info since she chose to walk away. I never forgot her telling me this.

A few months ago a lady rear ended me. It was a friday just got out of work, small street, blocking traffic etc. I got out to look, sure car seemed fine, I let it go. Sure enough, a day later my brakes have been making some creaking noise. I kicked myself for not getting her info.

So today, I'm at a red light, looking to turn right (we can in our state). A car was kindof far away but moving fast, so I chose not to turn. The guy behind thought I went & began driving, hitting my rear. He drove a HUGE GMC van too. So I got out, asked if he's ok & looked. Car seemed fine, but I didn't want to take any chances. I call 911, cops came & seemed confused why I called?!  I said I didn't want to make a big deal over it, just get a police report in case somethings wrong with my car later on. The guy looks at my car like "What are you talking about?" I wanted to say "Hey asshole...." but figured whatever. I asked if going forward I should call in these situtations, he said no, normally if nobodies injured or needs to be towed just ask for the other persons insurance.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The cop is right, and i've been told that by several of them. If no one is injured, and/or the vehicle can run, there's usually no reason to call.

But sure enough, the insurance company tries to get out of shit some times by saying "well, we will not pay out if there's no police report documenting the event". It's bullcrap.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

in Canada if the damage is over $1000 then you are supposed to call by Law

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

I think I killed the family cat this morning.

Let the bugger out on its own request (we live in the country with a big yard, so that's not a big deal), the old man and my nephew were there to witness the event. I come back in the afternoon; mum arrives a few hours later. Suddenly, everybody's realizing the same thing: 'Where's the friggin' cat?'

Turned out nobody bothered to let the sucker back in. Hours passed, people went outside with flashlights. No cat. The temperature's slightly below zero and the cat's roughly 8 months old, so it's not the best combination for a night out.

Christmas Eve's killing me.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

It's probably got itself tucked into a warm shed somewhere, I'd not worry too much yet!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah hopefully it will return...cats are very good at survival...

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

The cat came back.

Phew.

My cats tend to have a high survival rate, but the problem I had this evening was that mum's prone to panic attacks and thinks the world of every feline we ever had. That's obviously a bad combination when you add up an AWOL cat and Xmas. The only thing that worried me notably on the cats sake was her young age, but she pulled through.

I'm always embarrased by mums little character trait, but can't complain too much. The erstwhile Ms Sic was none too different; always emoting all over the place with disarming honesty. I guess I have a thing for them big feelers, as This I Love could just as well be about me n' her. Only her special light, still shining bright, is not that hard to spot. wink

But I digress.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That's great the cat came back sic!

Board footer