You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: The Rant Thread

dr_love6977 wrote:

And Axlin08, I usually agree with you, but your statement is just as fucking uninformed as Randall Flaggs. You don't become a teacher in 3 years without going to school in the summer as you said. A lot of schools are now only hiring teachers with certain endorsements and minors. A teaching degree is not just some easy piece of paper to get. It's actually a Bachelor of Science degree with a teaching endorsement. And you can't just breeze through it. A 'C' is a failing grade in a teaching curriculum.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Well, let me just say that you are a fucking idiot.

Go back and check your spelling and grammar you stupid fucking cocksucker.

I think you've been here long enough to know that's not how we treat people here. You're intelligent enough to make your points without having to use gutter tactics.

James

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

but a lot of regions and schools are stuck with bad teachers who barely deserve the job they have, much less any extra benefits.

I cant speak for the rest of the country, but in my area there is actually a school that gets all the reject teachers from other local school districts. When they fuck up for whatever reason, the only place they can get a job is at that specific school. I know of two teachers from my junior high school that were sent there after their first year. I feel sorry for any kid that got the majority of their education at that specific school.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Well, let me just say that you are a fucking idiot.

Go back and check your spelling and grammar you stupid fucking cocksucker.

I think you've been here long enough to know that's not how we treat people here. You're intelligent enough to make your points without having to use gutter tactics.

It's not a gutter tactic to tell someone what you really think of them. Why don't you come off your pedestal and go back and read what Randall Flagg wrote. He called teachers such things as "sons of bitches", "pieces of shit", and "wastes of time and space". If you're going to summarize an entire work force like that, you should probably think about the fact that someone involved in that line of work could read those ignorant opinions.

What I'm trying to say is that by telling Randall Flagg what I thought of him, I was saying nothing worse than what he said about teachers.

I'll give you a tip on being an effective mod: Don't call someone out on something, but not someone else who did the same thing. And don't ever fucking talk down to me.

James

James wrote:

You might have a point if a teacher was in this thread and Flagg called them a piece of shit. He was "ranting" about teachers, not insulting someone who posts here.

dr_love6977 wrote:

I'll give you a tip on being an effective mod: Don't call someone out on something, but not someone else who did the same thing. And don't ever fucking talk down to me.

You can go sit in the corner for a spell. Maybe longer.

If/when you come back, chew on this thread for awhile....

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 930#p64930

anti-fascist
 Rep: 0 

anti-fascist wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You might have a point if a teacher was in this thread and Flagg called them a piece of shit. He was "ranting" about teachers, not insulting someone who posts here.

I'm new here, but there seems to be quite a set of double standards on this site. You can't talk bad about anyone who posts here, but anyone in the outside world is fair game? It seems like dr_love got upset because someone was talking nothing better than foul about teachers as a whole, which his fiance appears to be. You can't judge a group as a whole because of a few isolated individuals. In this case, one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole damn bunch. If you meet a hispanic person you don't like, does that give you the right to hate every latino? No, it doesn't. So if someone calls teachers "pieces of shit", someone who is involved with a teacher can take that very personally. And by your logic, if someone close to a teacher takes posts like that personally and retaliates, couldn't you say they're also just "ranting"?

Another thing. I've never seen a forum member get banned for questioning an admin's management skills. That's all it appears that he did. He didn't say anything inappropriate to you. Yes, he did swear, but in context, not even at you. I think you should lift his ban and apologize to him out in the open because it basically looks like you just greatly abused your power.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
anti-fascist wrote:

I'm new here, but there seems to be quite a set of double standards on this site.

Yup. They include a member drawing a temporary ban upon himself for letting an argument get under his skin and then registering with another username, pretending to be 'new' here.

Flagg was speaking in generalized terms, and his use of degradatory language, while possibly out of place and lacking good taste, wasn't coined on anyone in particular. That's Flagg for you, he's the local dogboy (or nowadays, our very own dogsoldier wink), and he likes a little provocation to go along with his opinions.

I take it that the doc, however, took it personally as his fiancé was in the teaching profession. That's when he crossed the line - he responded to Flagg's generalized comments with a personal note. While Flagg may have been a bit out of line regarding the nature with which he presented his views, Doc flew out the minute he started hurling insults towards Flagg.

In case the manner in which Flagg expressed himself insults anyone here, I guarantee there are better ways to deal with it than to directly insult him - that's something that'll only get you banned.

anti-fascist wrote:

Another thing. I've never seen a forum member get banned for questioning an admin's management skills.

I stand corrected.

You really are new to the GNR online community in general. 16

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Wow. What a heated bunch here lol.
I agree. I've known some very good techers. Personally I've had more good ones than bad. And as for the "slave labor" I'm more than happy to do that for a teacher who I like and has been kind to me the whole year.

But maybe that's just cause I was raised and live in the South and a little common courtesy and respect go along way down here.

And I see no problem with what James did. Doc I think you took it a bit personal. Yes Teachers aren't all crap, but you didn't have to fly off like that. As Jexxy would suggest go cool down and smoke something. It's good for you. 16

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

You know what really grinds my gears?  When people on forums can't get along!  Like, for example.  One member posts something, an opinion if you will.  This opinion kind of generalizes, but it doesn't single anyone out.  We'll call this member...hmm, member a.  Now, enter member b.  He reads a's opinion and flies off the handle, insulting a and making it personal. 

Grr, I may just lose sleep over this!

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
sic. wrote:
anti-fascist wrote:

Another thing. I've never seen a forum member get banned for questioning an admin's management skills.

I stand corrected.

You really are new to the GNR online community in general. 16

coughCDHTGTHMYGNRNUGNRcough

Ugh sorry. had a nasty cough today for some reason 16

Board footer