You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: The Rant Thread

Rex wrote:
strat0 wrote:
sic. wrote:
anti-fascist wrote:

Another thing. I've never seen a forum member get banned for questioning an admin's management skills.

I stand corrected.

You really are new to the GNR online community in general. 16

coughCDHTGTHMYGNRNUGNRcough

Ugh sorry. had a nasty cough today for some reason 16

Sick people piss me off too!  4

anti-fascist
 Rep: 0 

anti-fascist wrote:
strat0 wrote:

And I see no problem with what James did. Doc I think you took it a bit personal. Yes Teachers aren't all crap, but you didn't have to fly off like that.

What if I said a bunch of derogatory remarks about a religious group? Any member on the site of that group could take it personally, even though I wasn't aiming the remarks at them, lash out at me, and no one would say a negative word to them about it. How is this any different? And the doc didn't get banned for flying off at Flagg, he clearly got banned for questioning Lofton's management abilities.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You're not new. You're dr_love under a new name. The only reason you were able to sign up under this new name is because I didn't do an IP ban on your account. I simply gave you a temporary ban on your username.

There aren't any double standards. People can pretty much talk about whatever they want on this site. One of the few rules here is that you don't insult fellow members of this site. The rules can be found in the management section and the mantra link up at the top. If you are unable to respect the rules here, then this site isn't the place for you. I can recommend a few sites where you are able to insult people til you're blue in the face and you're embraced for such nonsense.

The people who come here like how this site operates. We aren't interested in becoming the next HTGTH/mygnr. If we were looking for a wider acceptance/bigger membership, I'd let you and some of the others who have registered here over the years insult people all day long like they do at the other sites. Instead of being welcomed, those types are flushed down our toilet so the normal people can continue posting in the environment they are accustomed to.

I'm not going to allow this site to go to the dogs just so you can call people here cocksuckers without any consequences.

If you think I'm "abusing my power" because I try to shield members of this site from being bombarded with insults, then you're either gonna have to get used to power being abused or move on.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
anti-fascist wrote:

What if I said a bunch of derogatory remarks about a religious group? Any member on the site of that group could take it personally, even though I wasn't aiming the remarks at them, lash out at me, and no one would say a negative word to them about it. How is this any different? And the doc didn't get banned for flying off at Flagg, he clearly got banned for questioning Lofton's management abilities.

Well,

The members of that religious group, if members of Evo, would report your posts to the moderators (that's right next to the 'quote') and ask them to look into the matter. The religious folk themselves wouldn't bother going head-to-head with you, because in a fight like that, nobody'd win.

If, however, the religious folk would lash out at your person, I'd tell them to pipe down at that instant, as spewing negativity back n' forth does no good to anyone. Regardless of the reasons behind any matter, we don't encourage a cycle of negativity.

This ain't the bloody West Bank, you know.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
anti-fascist wrote:
strat0 wrote:

And I see no problem with what James did. Doc I think you took it a bit personal. Yes Teachers aren't all crap, but you didn't have to fly off like that.

Really? See sir you haven't been here long enough to make a call like that. Most of us here have questioned the power of James but we haven't gotten banned. So lets narrow the possibilities. If he wasn't banned for that then what else would it be?

Oh! right, he did call someone a cocksucker and lash out at them over something that had not been directed at him.

and by the way people. The internet is a place to enjoy yourself not to go bipolar on people.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
sic. wrote:
anti-fascist wrote:

Well,

The members of that religious group, if members of Evo, would report your posts to the moderators (that's right next to the 'quote') and ask them to look into the matter. The religious folk themselves wouldn't bother going head-to-head with you, because in a fight like that, nobody'd win.

If, however, the religious folk would lash out at your person, I'd tell them to pipe down at that instant, as spewing negativity back n' forth does no good to anyone. Regardless of the reasons behind any matter, we don't encourage a cycle of negativity.

This ain't the bloody West Bank, you know.

And If they truly were religious they most likely wouldn't lash out at you for dissing their religion.

anti-fascist
 Rep: 0 

anti-fascist wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You're not new. You're dr_love under a new name. The only reason you were able to sign up under this new name is because I didn't do an IP ban on your account. I simply gave you a temporary ban on your username.

There aren't any double standards. People can pretty much talk about whatever they want on this site. One of the few rules here is that you don't insult fellow members of this site. The rules can be found in the management section and the mantra link up at the top. If you are unable to respect the rules here, then this site isn't the place for you. I can recommend a few sites where you are able to insult people til you're blue in the face and you're embraced for such nonsense.

The people who come here like how this site operates. We aren't interested in becoming the next HTGTH/mygnr. If we were looking for a wider acceptance/bigger membership, I'd let you and some of the others who have registered here over the years insult people all day long like they do at the other sites. Instead of being welcomed, those types are flushed down our toilet so the normal people can continue posting in the environment they are accustomed to.

I'm not going to allow this site to go to the dogs just so you can call people here cocksuckers without any consequences.

If you think I'm "abusing my power" because I try to shield members of this site from being bombarded with insults, then you're either gonna have to get used to power being abused or move on.

I know how temp bans vs IP bans work. I used to be a mod on a different site. As a mod I also knew that you couldn't ban only one out of two guilty people. Even tho Flaggs remarks weren't directed at anyone on the site personally, they were still very offensive, which made him just as guilty. Also as a mod I never banned anyone for calling me out as a mod. I have banned people for threats, and general inappropriate behavior towards myself, but not for questioning me or trying to tell me how to moderate. And the site I was a mod on was MUCH MUCH bigger than this one, one of the biggest music boards on the web.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
anti-fascist wrote:

As a mod I also knew that you couldn't ban only one out of two guilty people.

You're still banned for personal insults. Flagg's matter is not on the table as of yet, because we're preoccupied with you.

anti-fascist wrote:

Even tho Flaggs remarks weren't directed at anyone on the site personally, they were still very offensive, which made him just as guilty.

I'm still to see that report.

Do you want us as mods to look into this past discussion and settle the matter between the two of you, or would you prefer to have a PM conversation with him without any outside interference?

In any case, I suggest you cool off.

anti-fascist wrote:

the site I was a mod on was MUCH MUCH bigger than this one, one of the biggest music boards on the web.

Well, you're not there now, so it means next to nothing in the current situation.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
anti-fascist wrote:

I know how temp bans vs IP bans work. I used to be a mod on a different site. As a mod I also knew that you couldn't ban only one out of two guilty people. Even tho Flaggs remarks weren't directed at anyone on the site personally, they were still very offensive, which made him just as guilty. Also as a mod I never banned anyone for calling me out as a mod. I have banned people for threats, and general inappropriate behavior towards myself, but not for questioning me or trying to tell me how to moderate. And the site I was a mod on was MUCH MUCH bigger than this one, one of the biggest music boards on the web.

Dude. Really? There is only one real guilty party here and it was you. "you stupid fucking cocksucker." is much different than someone ranting about his opinion of teachers and past experiences. He called no one on this board a cocksucker.. you did.

I have a friend and a family member who are teachers and I didn't take offense to any of those remarks. You could have just stated you opinion without attacking Flagg or anyone else. And then reported this thread and we would have dealt with it if we needed too. You aren't banned for questioning how someone moderates this board but on you personal insult like sic mentioned. And for the record we wouldn't ban Flagg for posting something like that. That could be handled with a PM asking to tone it down. Oh and congrats on your big message board moderator spot. 22

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This is blown way out of proportion, because someone is butt sore because they are close to a teacher. I've got family members too that are teachers - they're still nazis.

I've also known good ones, and they aren't.

And as for your relgious theory... holds NO WEIGHT WHATSOEVER. Religion is a CHOICE. To say fuck Christians or fuck Muslims, that might be classless, ignorant, tasteless, and all around asshole-ish... but it's not bigoted, which is the basis for something in your theory being deemed offensive.

Now if I went on a rant about all blacks being nothing but a bunch of N-word's and worthless pieces of crap. Someone who is BORN of their color, is being subjected to major prejudice and hateful words, simply because of who they are. That's when a mod, or the media, or you, or me, should step in and say "you crossed a line".

But religion? Because I called teachers nazis? Because Randall said they are worthless?

It might be offensive, but it's not on such an inflammatory level, it needs to be censored.

Board footer