You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Rant Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

That moment in life when your shaving a thick beard that you've been growing for months and the fucking shaver breaks down when you've shaved one side of your face. Oh well I think my nearest Tesco's is open 24/7.

Hopefully no one notices me at 3:AM, it's a long walk though and I don't drive...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

That moment in life when your shaving a thick beard that you've been growing for months and the fucking shaver breaks down when you've shaved one side of your face. Oh well I think my nearest Tesco's is open 24/7.

Hopefully no one notices me at 3:AM, it's a long walk though and I don't drive...

Shaving because you don't want to be confused with Isis... SMART MOVE.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Lol to you both. 14

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I sense a good Healthcare rant coming soon...

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

How in the hell did I ever agree to go to the dentist at 8:00 am???? 4

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

SNOW!!!!!!!

That is all

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
data11235 wrote:

What really pisses me off... calling for Chinese food and have to say your order over and over again, because they DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH!!  Then when you get it, it is still wrong!!! 4

I hate calling my local pizza shop & the girl ALWAYS says "about 20-25 minutes"... I go, at about 25 minutes, and still wait another 10-15. If it takes 35 minutes, just tell me, the food is good & I'll still order it from there. I'll just wait at home, not there.

I get self conscious about this because the girl who works there (I think it's the owners daughter) is jailbait, about 18 & cute. I feel creepy like I show up early just to wait around & look at her.

How old is the jail bate, and you know the rules... Post pics or it didn't happen.

SG funny thing, we had a blizzard over the weekend & I stopped in yesterday to pick up a pizza.  Sure enough, she was working (haven't seen her in about 3 years, her family owns it). Spoke a bit, she said she's back in the area, has a kid now.  I wasn't sure if that means she split up with her dude & is living back at her Moms house, or she & her hubby & kid moved back to this section of the city. Neither would surprise me.  Either way, that ship has sailed.  Ashame, I almost looked at her as a metaphor for how chickensh!t I've been my whole life towards talking intimately with girls I liked, and just was amazed at all the years that passed since first seeing her (and making that original post).

Cute girl though, she held up well.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Neemo wrote:

SNOW!!!!!!!

That is all

0/10 would not recommend. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

surprise me.  Either way, that ship has sailed.  Ashame, I almost looked at her as a metaphor for how chickensh!t I've been my whole life towards talking intimately with girls I liked, and just was amazed at all the years that passed since first seeing her (and making that original post).

I've had some experiences like this as well. Most people have to varying degrees.

Worst experience and its one of my biggest regrets was not asking out this grocery store clerk back in 98-99. There was just something about her. Arab girl, maybe 19-20, had the girl next door vibe going full throttle which I'm really into. She was really shy and it was hard breaking through that wall.  I used to go to that store just to see her and talk to her, to the point where I'd stay in her line even if it was longer. 16 For some reason I always hesitated asking her out and this was easily the most social period of my life. Her shyness played a role in my hesitation.  I was 23 at the time. One night I just said fuck it, I'm going in there and asking her out. I went and she wasn't there. I chalked it up to just being her day off but unfortunately I never saw her again. I was crushed. If I could go back I'd ask the other girls working there where she went and try to get her number.

She's probably my wife in some alternate universe.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, we've all had those experiences, but tbh, mine are a bit more positive. There have been not one, but two girls that I really liked (for some reason), waited and waited, chickenshitted out of asking them out, and didn't.

Later I re-connected with them and found out, just by being put in a position of being around them daily that.... I didn't miss out on a thing. I romanticized the whole thing and found out it was never going to work out and it wouldn't have lasted anyways. Completely incompatible.

But then again... there are the others. The ones I still think about. The ones where the sexual tension was there, mutually, and we just didn't... go there. Wanted to, but didn't. Some were with other people, some were in different places, and those are the ones I always think of. The ones that got away.

"To all the girls I didn't love before"

Board footer