You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com

Von wrote:

Man, fuck this shit. I've licked the new band's balls long enough. Fuck Richard Fortus and these endless goddamn interviews about shit nobody cares about. No comment? In the past eight years I've refrained from doing this, but you know what? Slash would have a comment. Duff would have a comment. They didn't get led around by the dick on a retainer. I'm just so goddamn sick of Pisser and X Japan and every other worthless piece of shit project that gets announced and talked about and ballyhooed around like any real Guns fan gives one fucking shit about it. We want to know about THE BAND YOU'RE BEING INTERVIEWED ABOUT. If you can't talk because only Uncle Axl can, then shut the fuck up until he wants to speak up himself. It's not reaching out to the fans, it's being a cocktease and it's fucking boring. The soap opera ends here.

Sky Dog wrote:

can't say I disagree...I don't care who's in the band anymore.:thumbup:

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
von wrote:

Man, fuck this shit. I've licked the new band's balls long enough. Fuck Richard Fortus and these endless goddamn interviews about shit nobody cares about. No comment? In the past eight years I've refrained from doing this, but you know what? Slash would have a comment. Duff would have a comment. They didn't get led around by the dick on a retainer. I'm just so goddamn sick of Pisser and X Japan and every other worthless piece of shit project that gets announced and talked about and ballyhooed around like any real Guns fan gives one fucking shit about it. We want to know about THE BAND YOU'RE BEING INTERVIEWED ABOUT. If you can't talk because only Uncle Axl can, then shut the fuck up until he wants to speak up himself. It's not reaching out to the fans, it's being a cocktease and it's fucking boring. The soap opera ends here.

Again true.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think we all need to breathe here...

i mean is a richard fortus interview really the straw that broke the camel's back?

Richard fortus will not be the one to break the silence here...nor will ron, or frank or pitman, or dizzy or tommy ... sadly not even robin

there is only one person who will divulge gnr info and that is Axl..

i mean it is silly to not wanna talk about one of his solo spots but maybe he was worried that it would lead into another gnr question...to get all worked up over such a trivial thing is a bit silly IMO...

chillax folks 19

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Like already mentioned, he is taking questions from GNR sites. If he cant answer questions, decline the interviews. He wont though, because he needs to be able to use the name to promote his other projects.

Why aren't people outraged? People have bitched about BH using GNR to further his career for years(something he never did by the way), yet these guys do it every day and get a free pass.

If he wants or has to stay silent, fine. Stop talking to the fanbase and go promote your X Japan, Nena, Furs bullshit to some other fanbase.

The fans are gonna have to draw a line in the sand at some point.  Hell, Axl needs to draw a line in the sand. The GNR brand is being used by these guys to advance their other ambitions.

This is just another reason I prefer the 01 lineup over this shit. They didn't fuck around with fans and try to extract as many nickels as they could squeeze from the GNR brand.

JB, I don't think people are bitching enough. If more people would say something about this nonsense, it would probably stop.

I would rather hear nothing than a guy say something that amounts to nothing.

GNR management is going to have an extremely difficult time marketing this band.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

my point was .... who gives a flying fuck about a richard fortus solo anyway?

Big Pat - You and Robin played X Japan's "Endless Rain" as part of your
guitar duet during some of GN'R's Japanese shows in July 2007. Why that
song? Who picked it?

Richard Fortus - No comment on this question.

richard obviously picked it...it was his solo spot and he picked that particular song cuz he likes it...same reason why he picked the Xtina song written by Linda Perry...he likes the tune and she's his freind....

i jsut dont see the point in getting worked up over this of all things...

especially since we've had some real gems for news in the past few months...the roadies motor bike, del doing a book signing for his shitty book in LA...like so many forum fans are from LA...what about the other 99% of gnr fans that may want a signed copy...and Axl saving the woman's house...even the new win a used frank ferrer drumstick contest @ htgth....

i'm jsut as pissed as the next guy over the lack of info from the gnr camp but there are so many other ridiculous things out there that i find this being latched onto as odd...thats all 19

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I sure dont, but thats not the point. These guys are exploiting the GNR name and fanbase for their own interests. He's basically saying, " Ok, I'll talk to you GNR fans. No GNR questions though. However, come check out the Furs on tour, and buy our next album".

He should be fired.

Seriously.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I sure dont, but thats not the point. These guys are exploiting the GNR name and fanbase for their own interests. He's basically saying, " Ok, I'll talk to you GNR fans. No GNR questions though. However, come check out the Furs on tour, and buy our next album".

He should be fired.

Seriously.

And that is exactly why I DO NOT consider anyone of these guys as a part of GNR.  When you can't even talk about a stupid solo at a Axl Rose show you did you do not deserve to be considered as a member of thata band.  Not to bring up the old new vs old lineup but do you for one second think that Slash or Duff would tolerate not being able to talk about the band they are in?  Hell no!  I don't like them more but I at least respect them to have some balls.

As for those guys using GNR to promote their shows I only wish that the fanbase would boycott those shows.  Fuck em!  Can't talk about your band.  Fine but don't use that same band as a promo for your other shows.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

He should be fired.

Seriously.

i understand that as well cuz i dont really like that either...even frank ferrer playing with pisser...and the flyer has GnR more prominant on it than the actual band thats gonna be playing....

dtz4j.jpg

that shit aint right 4 and they should get reprimanded for that

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i understand that as well cuz i dont really like that either...even frank ferrer playing with pisser...and the flyer has GnR more prominant on it than the actual band thats gonna be playing....

http://i31.tinypic.com/dtz4j.jpg

that shit aint right 4 and they should get reprimanded for that

Wow. Just wow. Never saw that before.

The CD era looks to be hitting a new low.

The band has evolved into what the realists said all along, and the transition was seamless and done with little to no effort.

Axl and his inner circle need to stop thinking about VR for a few seconds and see what this has turned into.

Board footer