You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR issue statement about Robin

elmir wrote:

makes me think that Robin is avoiding them....indicating that there is more than just a "keep myself busy during downtime" intention with NIN.....i have a feeling he bailed....and bailed good....

That's exactly what I am thinking.  He's avoiding them which leads me to believe he's gone or very undecided.   I am glad they updated us though.   We'll see what happens from here.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I wonder what happened..did they ask something out of robin he isn't prepa:ummm:red to give ?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No clue, but its strange for him to be in the band a decade and when it looks like the clock is about to finally strike midnight, he throws it away and buys a new clock.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I wonder what his wife is up to at the moment, maybe there is something there ?

Sky Dog wrote:

James, Robin will get publishing money for the stuff he wrote and is credited for no matter what (he obviously knew that the recordings were done and that Axl wouldn't erase his stuff for the album now).....BUT, he won't get royalties from album sales because he is not a part of the recording agreement (only Axl is). The touring money right now for NIN would be more than Gnr. Also, NIN is not bound by a recording agreement and can create and release music whenever they want. They are not bound by the clusterfuck that is Gnr's business wranglings. Simply put, like Mysteron said, he is taking an educated gamble and seems to think NIN is a better business proposition at this juncture.:peace:

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

While I'm glad we were updated the truth is the "cat was out of the bag" so it wasn't like a real act of generousity.  I know negativity is high right now (why wouldn't it be?) but they HAD to say something because Robin will be touring with NIN soon.  That's kind of hard to brush off or ignore.

This isn't a good situation in my opinion.  The only thing good that could happen would be a reappearance from an old fave to reenter the lineup.  I'm sick of session players.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It does point to him having left huh. Like i mean surely if he wasn't gone, someone from GNR would have called him and they would have chatted about how he is just filling in time. If GNR dont know what he is doing, that means he's gone.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Careful careful.

I don't want to see anyone else get in "trouble" for "acting big" and just sharing their opinions. :sick:

Did I miss anything?

Board footer