You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Rumor: Axl and Slash at same hotel in NYC?

Backslash wrote:

I don't believe anything on heavymetalbiz.  It's Metalsludge x 1000.

That said, if they are at the same hotel together what did they do?  Rent a room and "make up?"  Crazy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

though the night Axl played the new years eve gig that slash was barred from....he just happened to be staying in the same hotel as axl...so its not outside the realm of reality...its just the way this guy told his story that makes me think its untrue...

if he was close enough to extrapolate the expression on axl's face but still fails to recognize him? thats the part i dont beleive... 19

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

if he was close enough to extrapolate the expression on axl's face but still fails to recognize him? thats the part i dont beleive... 19

In his defense he wrote it in hindsight... had he never heard the limo driver/security whatever say "Yes that's Slash" I don't think his blog would read 'I passed by this man who had a look on his face as if he was saying why don't you, who are my age, recognize me anymore'. It would probably have been more along the lines of "I was crossing the street and this guy was giving me this evil stare, I thought, did I do something to piss him off or something?! Fucking jerkoff" 16

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

A reliable poster at MyGNR just called the hotel and it seems that Axl might still be staying there and I'm pretty sure he got verification that both Axl and Slash were indeed there...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … 2211&st=30

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The guy didn't recognize who it was.  He didn't even give a description of his appearance.  I mean, it's not everyday you run into some random guy with flame red cornrows.  Maybe if he said that at the beginning, at least the story would be more believable.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm........

Although its probably bullshit.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
Backslash wrote:

The guy didn't recognize who it was.  He didn't even give a description of his appearance.  I mean, it's not everyday you run into some random guy with flame red cornrows.  Maybe if he said that at the beginning, at least the story would be more believable.

To be fair, we don't really know what Axl's hair is looking like these days. Just saying...

James

James wrote:

IF this is indeed true, expect a massive fall reunion tour to be announced at some point this summer.

I had a feeling all this talk about a new VR was a smokescreen. When Weiland walked out the door,the first opportunity for the 87-91 lineup to reunite happened. Since the breakup, members have been busy with various projects. Now the only person busy is Duff with Loaded, and that can be scrapped in a nanosecond.

Finck possibly saw the writing on the wall that spelled reunion, and got the fuck out of dodge.

Stinson has said in the past he has no problems with Axl doing a reunion, so if we see him jump ship, you might as well go stand in line somewhere in anticipation of tickets going on sale.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Reading some more of that thread on mygnr it actually sounds plausible.  The poster really did ring the hotel - he put audio up of one of his 3 phone calls.

He also says he has been to the hotel twice and tipped 2 different porters to get some info on it.  His last post was:

I've just been there again and come back.Some cool news.
But the most important point is that Axl and Slash were in the same hotel,at the same time and they were friendly each others.

So I've Spoken to another porter...a different one.

About Slash:

He was very nice

Talked about a show,a charity show at nokia centre just around the corner few days ago where he played.

He used to chill on the road smokin' some cigarettes

He was with his child

About Axl:

He was with a girl

He chatted with slash

He has been polite

And something else I can't remember.

This is what I've gained with 20 bucks!!

Not to give the guy is 15 secs of fame if he doens't deserve it, but there could be truth in this.  He has had over 2,000 postings there.  BTW he isn't the guy that came out with the original story either, he simply called the hotel a few times and went round there to talk to the porters to try and see if there was any truth in the matter.

Even if it is true - there is nothing to say that it was nothing more than a coincidence.  But at the same time Axl is into all that hocus pocus stuff so maybe he will see it as a sign if it was a chance meeting.  If it wasn't and it was planned.....

James

James wrote:

Yeah, this is starting to look legit. Different people confirming it, and the phone call posted pretty much seals the deal.

Looks like the There Was a Time, Original GNR,etc. sections will soon be at the top on all the forums....

There's really no point in the two meeting like that unless some sort of negotiations are taking place. Its neutral ground. They obviously weren't going to meet at their houses considering that fiasco that happened in 06 regarding Slash showing up at Axl's house.

Board footer