You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If you're Axl and you're ready to tour....

James wrote:

I think the question and options speak for themselves.

What is your next step?

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

release CD quickly, then do reunion tour

James

James wrote:

I'm stoned and forgot to add the option of just hiring a new guitarist and trying to pick up the pieces.

Fuck.

I went with a quick release and then reunion. Its obvious that the current lineup is running on borrowed time, and since the lineup that was the bulk of this thing has almost completely eroded, just bring back the old lineup for one last amazing run.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

knowing Axl....i'd say silence seems to be the safest option....it has worked for him before....it may work again...

James

James wrote:
elmir wrote:

knowing Axl....i'd say silence seems to be the safest option....it has worked for him before....it may work again...

When did it ever work?

If what you say is going to be the reality of the situation, we enter a silent era(time unknown), and then when another tour rolls around(hopefully accompanying a CD release), we get this:

Axl
BBF
Fortus
(insert new guitarist)
(maybe insert new bass player)
Dizzy
Pitman
Frank

Would anyone consider that an ideal scenario?

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Offer Finck a blank check.
In order to kill rumours that could surface about axl having yet another musician leaving.

Then, a reunion, but i was being extremely serious when saying to tour with both old and new musicians. It would also add a whole new color. I think i'd be a very interesting mix. Plus, i'd be a lot easier on stage going like " hey people, this is a little of what we did with so and so and bam, a song from new GNR or VR"..Alternating songs people know played with the old ones and supported by the new ones, and then, new songs with the actual musicians, supported by the old.
Each one of them having their little moment of glory, no one overshadowing another, no egos attached.

Then, after exposure for both bands ( VR and GNR), both release their own material.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'd say offer Robin a piece of the band name. I don't think he'd do that, but it would make Robin feel like it was more his band.

And we really don't know what Axl had to do to get him back the first time.

Did anyone get a bad feeling from Robin's "hippy rockstar" act during the last tour? That was totally out of character for him and it was like he was just playing a part... I don't know, it just struck me as odd. 

I don't think a reunion will happen in this case, because it will be an automatic admission of failure on Axl's part, and I think he'd spite himself by never performing again before going back to the other guys and admitting he couldn't handle it on his own without them.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

When did it ever work?

If what you say is going to be the reality of the situation, we enter a silent era(time unknown), and then when another tour rolls around(hopefully accompanying a CD release), we get this:

Would anyone consider that an ideal scenario?

it never worked for you and me...and the rest of the world, including his bandmates....but it worked for him....he fucks off for 4-5 years....to clear his mind and do his thing....comes out of hiding....the world goes crazy....if it doesn't look like he'll deliver...then he disappears again....roughly the same amount of time....when he reappears, world goes crazy again....

its not an ideal pattern...but its the one he knows has worked for him and his selfish ways....so why not do it again...?...not like he gives a fuck about anyone else in anycase...

only thing which could guarantee a different scenario is if he is in financial ruins....that I see is the only thing which could exert enough pressure on him to do something different....

but if he's financially ok....then he'll just go under again for a while....and wait for the dust to settle....

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Axl has got to be extremely strong emottionally to ignore what people have said, say and will say of him.

In a way, it's admirable, but what i don't get is why he is enduring all this ? Something has got to be worth it.

Sky Dog wrote:

What's up ID? I knew you were living on borrowed time over at HTGTH. Believe it or not, I say try to get Slash back. You can incorporate him in to the future releases and could definitely use him on tour playing the old stuff. You would sell alot more tickets with Slash in the band. Of course, the downside is you may dilute the potential of a full scale reunion.

Board footer