You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: If you're Axl and you're ready to tour....

Neemo wrote:

release CD quickly, then do reunion tour

i say it would boost CD sales tremendously...then after the reunion tour the new band could reunite and finish the trilogy....unless the guys decide they can live together harmoniously...which i doubt 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Of course, the downside is you may dilute the potential of a full scale reunion.

Yeah, its a huge risk. Not worth taking in my opinion. If the public accepts an Axl/Slash version of new GNR as "the real GNR", then the real reunion will have a minor impact.

If Slash comes aboard, you gotta bring the rest back as well.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I say offer Finck a blank check, get the album out, and do a real CD tour to show off what Axl's done without the old guys, and to give guys like Robin and Stinson proper exposure to the music world.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

Axl has got to be extremely strong emottionally to ignore what people have said, say and will say of him.

In a way, it's admirable, but what i don't get is why he is enduring all this ? Something has got to be worth it.

Hogwash and balderdash.

You don't have to be emotionally strong, you have to be stubborn and disconnected from reality. Axl is anything but emotionally strong, he exhibits all the tell-tale signs of an insecure, paranoid person. Oftentimes people will shield themselves from reality by hiding in their own make belief world where the perceived truth aligns better with their own view on things, and I sincerely believe that's what he's been doing for the past 18 years or so. Hence him distancing himself from his (former) band mates during the UYI tours, buying into the whole Yoda crap, surrounding himself with hangers-on & yes-men, refusing to finish or release an album that many years in the making...

I'm not dissing him though, everyone has his problems.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I say offer Finck a blank check. Release CD & make a good amount of $$ off the tour. So Axl can afford to pay him. Especially knowing he's got millions in waiting for him in a reunion down the line. Get Finck, tour 08-09. Then late next year announce plans for a reunion, after CD has sold & went it's course, then get back with the old gang. Put together a new album as well.

russtcb wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I say offer Finck a blank check, get the album out, and do a real CD tour to show off what Axl's done without the old guys, and to give guys like Robin and Stinson proper exposure to the music world.

Agreed. That's the option I truly want to see at this point.

Either this or a new guitarist.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

That's a tough one.  I see it one of two ways at this point.

And yes, my opinions are my own, and based on a lot of assumptions about Axl and the band that I ultimately know very little about.  That said:

Axl seems like a driven and meticulous perfectionist, all of which I obviously mean as a compliment.  He also seems to appreciate and thrive on the energy between  players, and has put tremendous effort into crafting a band "dynamic" that is worthy of the name Guns 'n Roses and the music they create together.

Assuming - and it's a colossal assumption - that part of the problem is that Axl is driven to recapture or recreate the dynamic or spark that existed between the original lineup and the music they made, perhaps the best way to do that is to actually try to work with the original lineup once again.  Maybe it's the only way at this point to make peace with his demons and move forward creatively and musically.  If that's the case, then I wouldn't expect to see much of the material written and recorded for CD released without some major overhauls and a prolonged wait, re-writing and re-recording parts to accommodate new (aka old) players and contributions.  If it would ever be released at all.

But that's not gonna happen.

There is simply too much to prove at this point, and way too much on the line.  Axl has been toiling over this monster for far too long (understatement, that is!) to not receive the validation of releasing CD on his own terms, when it sounds the way he wants it to sound, and when it's played by the players he chooses to surround himself with, those who can also deliver the songs live they way they are meant to be heard.   Given what we've been fortunate enough to preview, this album will be more than worth the wait (again, understatement). 

So to answer the question:  Robin or no Robin, Chinese Democracy will happen on Axl's terms, and that's exactly how it should be.  His legacy, and that of Guns n Roses, largely depends on it at this point.  Given the large rotating cast of contributors to the album, Robin - unfortunately - may ultimately be relegated to footnote status in not only Axl's story, but also that of Chinese Democracy and Guns 'n Roses.  Therefore, I don't see him as worth the "blank check" option.

That said, I sincerely hope Robin stays in the fold.  If not, give that blank check to someone who will help motivate and inspire Axl to keep writing and recording phenomenal music, and who will help make his vision into a reality.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Offer Buckethead a blank check should have been an option.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Offer Buckethead a blank check should have been an option.

i thought the rumor was that that had already happened tongue

Board footer