You are not logged in. Please register or login.

November Rain
 Rep: 4 

Re: One of my cats died

I had a cat I´ve been taking care of for 4 years. I loved him with all my heart, maybe I´ve told you about him before. He was abandoned where I live and I took him to live in my porch. I took care of him as if he was mine, the same than the cat I have at home and the other day when I arrived home my sister was waiting for me...

She didn´know how to tell me what happened. He was hit by a car and he died but what I find more strange is that a little bit later of having killed my cat, the person/s who killed him made the cat disappear and cleaned it all.

All my neighbours know the cat was mine so that is why I find it strange. I´m so fucking sad, I can´t believe it when I open the door and he isn´t there anymore, walking around my legs witing for me to touch him and give him his breakfast.

We don´t know who´s done it yet...and I would like to think it´s all been an accident because if I find it´s been on purpose...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sorry to hear that NR. Sounds like you'll really miss him.

RIP Cat-cat

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Thats really sad. Yeah I remember you telling me about that cat a long time ago. I always wanted you to bring him in the house.

Outdoor cats don't have a long shelf life. If you'll notice when you feed strays for long periods, some always come and go. One minute a cat is gone, then here comes a different one.

Its not just accidents that kill them, but the erratic eating, drinking, cat fights, and other outside conditions that play a role in their survival rate.

Good to see you back NR. Haven't seen you in ages.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

Sorry to hear about your cat NR. I do hope it was an accident and it wasn't done intentionally.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear that NR.   It does hurt so much to lose a pet.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Sorry about your cat NR, I live near the main road and have lost quite a few over the years.  Most likely this wasn't on purpose.  As far as the cat disappearing it could be the person who hit him feels terrible about it and didn't want you to have to see him like that but didn't want to have to tell you either.   I think they should tell you, but still...    The other scenario is maybe the highway department seen him and took care of it.  Either way the good thing is it was probably very quick unlike some prolonged thing.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sorry to hear that NR

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've been through that several times and I have a diabetic dog that is on her way out...it's never easy and it doesn't get any easier.  Hang in there and my thoughts are with you.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

That's really sad, NR. Lots of sympathy. I had one cat die years ago and it was a terrible week. Hopefully my other cat keeps it going for a few more years, it's an awful feeling.

Board footer