You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Classic Rock just through my door...

sic. wrote:

That's certainly a possibility, but mind you, Slash & Duff sued Axl twice. The first time was in May 2004, which was the infamous lawsuit about Axl quitting GNR and therefore, having no control over the band name and back catalogue. The second time was in August 2005, which was over publishing royalties (which apparently boiled down to a clerical error).

So.

October 2005, 5.30AM, Latigo Canyon, California. Slash rings Axl's doorbell to drop in a piece of paper in order to nullify the royalty lawsuit. Beta answers. Slash delivers a paper regarding the suit. Beta asks how are things with VR. Slash says something or the other and choice cuts are delivered to Axl through Beta.

On October 31st, news start trickling on WTTJ: The Very Best of GNR, with a December 6th release date attached. It is then pushed on to March.

Cue early 2006. Slash starts giving comments in the press that CD is apparently finished and he heard it'd be released in March (no who could've given him that idea? Beta, you shouldn't talk to the likes of Slash or Classic Rock). On March 6th, Axl launches his attack on Slash via the press release, no doubt at least partially to downplay the comments Slash's been making.

There's a lot to the story we don't know. It seems Geffen and Axl were indeed discussing about the release of a Best of with a few reunion shows to heighten interest on the impending release of CD. Of course, none of that happened and the fans always end up getting the shortest shrift.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
sic. wrote:

Slash rings Axl's doorbell to drop in a piece of paper in order to nullify the royalty lawsuit. Beta answers. Slash delivers a paper regarding the suit. Beta asks how are things with VR. Slash says something or the other and choice cuts are delivered to Axl through Beta.

i would love to know what this was really for....a few weeks back, the guy who wrote the Reckless Road book said at htgth that Slash should apologise to Axl....so i posted something to the effect that wasn't Slash's visit to Axl's house supposed to be exactly that...an apology of sorts...?

the i got this PM from beta...

Hi,
Just one comment on your post. Slash did not come to the gate to apologize for his lies on his interviews. He came to the gate because he needed something. Nothing to do with apologies.

Have a good day

Beta

wonder what was it that he needed/wanted from them.....?

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
elmir wrote:
sic. wrote:

Slash rings Axl's doorbell to drop in a piece of paper in order to nullify the royalty lawsuit. Beta answers. Slash delivers a paper regarding the suit. Beta asks how are things with VR. Slash says something or the other and choice cuts are delivered to Axl through Beta.

i would love to know what this was really for....a few weeks back, the guy who wrote the Reckless Road book said at htgth that Slash should apologise to Axl....so i posted something to the effect that wasn't Slash's visit to Axl's house supposed to be exactly that...an apology of sorts...?

the i got this PM from beta...

Hi,
Just one comment on your post. Slash did not come to the gate to apologize for his lies on his interviews. He came to the gate because he needed something. Nothing to do with apologies.

Have a good day

Beta

wonder what was it that he needed/wanted from them.....?

Interesting response from Beta and Canter. Nice to know the GNR camp still love discussing/badmouthing Slash. Its ambiguous statements like that that cause all the ridiculous speculation and argument amongst GNR fans on the boards. She should either be quiet or try talking about the GNR that 'exists' now instead of worrying about Slash so much.

I wonder what he needed though. We'll never know. Good to hear he wasn't there to apologise about his 'lies' though.

elmir

elmir wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Good to hear he wasn't there to apologise about his 'lies' though.

yeah, that took a load off my shoulders too....:haha:

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
elmir wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Lol yeah. Can you imagine it? 'Hi Beta, tell Axl I'm sorry I gave some interviews that actually mentioned the breakup of GNR. By the way, I need to get those tablature books back I left for Robin. Cya'.

elmir

elmir wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Lol yeah. Can you imagine it? 'Hi Beta, tell Axl I'm sorry I gave some interviews that actually mentioned the breakup of GNR. By the way, I need to get those tablature books back I left for Robin. Cya'.

'...and if he asks, tell Axl i'm really not happy in VR...Scott is such a fraud, and Duff is spineless....but whatever, we should end this....i have to go, Perla is waiting in the car, and it is 5.30AM....so its a bit early....even for me....'

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
elmir wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

yip - things are looking really rosey when Axl's housekeeper makes petty remarks on his behalf about Slash on a messageboard

really instills confidence that a release is forthcoming!

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
elmir wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

'...and if he asks, tell Axl i'm really not happy in VR...Scott is such a fraud, and Duff is spineless....but whatever, we should end this....i have to go, Perla is waiting in the car, and it is 5.30AM....so its a bit early....even for me....'

Lol, this could go on forever.

Slash - 'Hi Beta, I need to borrow your psychic, I've lost one of my snakes.'
Axl - 'Whos that?'
Beta - 'Its Slash, he's lost a snake, wants to borrow the psychic to help find it'.
Axl - 'Liar! Quick tell the boards'.

Why cant they all just be friends? :wtf:

elmir

elmir wrote:

this is all too much now...its not even worth the jokes anymore....

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
elmir wrote:

this is all too much now...its not even worth the jokes anymore....

Agreed, but then the whole situation is just a joke now really.

You should reply to that PM Elmir telling it like it is. Not by being rude or anything but just by being honest. It'd be great to see what response you'd get.

Board footer