You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: THE STRANGERS

Bono wrote:

This movie looks creepy but it seems to me that to have the biggest impact it's best to be watched late at night at home alone.  I might wait for the DVD.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Did anybody watch this? I had a pretty busy weekend and wound up not going. I'll watch it in the next few days.

I saw it Friday.

It was a breath of fresh air.  It relied more on actual horror and suspense, not gore.  (I'm not talking M Night suspense either):haha:  The best part is how the killers have no motive, as i'm sure you guys have noticed in the previews where they just say, "because you were home."  That's their motive, which makes these guys so much scarier.

Let me tell you, i have never heard a theater jump and scream like this before.  This is the way horror should have been the past decade. 

A little more gore wouldn't have hurt it at all, but it was nice to see a film that tried really to underplay the gore, but still remain such a creepy movie.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

Saw it this past weekend and really didn't care for it at all.

The ending pretty much ruined the whole thing for me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Saw it this past weekend and really didn't care for it at all.

The ending pretty much ruined the whole thing for me.

Yeah, I've read a few non spoiler reviews, and that seems to be what quite a few are saying. The film packs a punch in the first half, then quickly falls apart.

I keep putting off going to see this. Was gonna go tonight, but I just got home and don't really feel like going to the movies. This movie will be in theaters for at least a couple more weeks, so I think I'll wait until this weekend.

If this film was getting off the hook reviews, I'd probably have already forced myself to go see it.

The film didn't make a killing at the box office like expected. Came in at number three. Not many people are talking about it either.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I  haven't seen it yet but wanted to.  This one had me as interested (nearly) as Trick R Treat.  So, this one appears to be more hype than goods and who the fuck knows what happened to Trick R Treat?  Looks like I have been picking some real winners lately, lol

James

James wrote:

Fuck it. There's a showing in less than an hour. I'm gonna go watch it. I'll post my review either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

James

James wrote:

Biggest disappointment in cinema this decade. It was like having blue balls when I left. Didn't live up to the hype whatsoever.

Its a load of shit. Nothing that interesting happens, and I sat there the whole show wondering when I'm supposed to be scared.

The main characters weren't interesting, the "strangers" weren't interesting at all. ZERO personality. The novelty of those masks wore off in seconds, and there just wasn't anything in the story to move it along.

Amazing feat though considering it was a home invasion movie and you feel NOTHING while watching it.

The ending is lame. I feel ashamed suggesting this film might break some new ground. Shit, its a glorified b movie.

2/10

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Thanks for the review bro, I'll be passing on this one.  Bad part is my fuckin' girlfriend wants to watch Sex and the City...fuck.  The things I do for pussy, lol.

James

James wrote:

Von, sic, tejastech,etc.....any of you guys watch this steaming turd yet?

Von, if you reviewed this flick somewhere, post it here.

This film might set original horror back a few years and the remake trend gain even more steam. We'll see how big of a drop off in box office this gets next week.

Funny Games was ten times creepier than this, and that film was a bit tongue in cheek.

Board footer