You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: Kansas City radio station just played IRS...

BurningHills wrote:

A friend of mine just called me. He has a friend that lives out in Kansas City, and apparently one of the stations out there (I didn't catch the name, sorry) - just played IRS. It's my understanding that they promoted it as "the new Guns N' Roses song."

I'll try to get more details from the source tonight - my friend has no reason to make shit up as he's not a Guns fan at all. I just found it interesting that a station would take the chance to play one of the leaks especially after all of the cease and desist orders went around.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha....Missouri has finally made it to 2006 19

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

A few stations have played the leaks plenty since things died down in 2006.  The C&D orders didn't really have any authority and the band can't monitor every radio station in the world 24/7.  People will still play the songs regardless.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Yeah, nothing new.  A few DJ's like the stuff like we crazed fans and they will slip it on the air.  I've only heard IRS however for some reason although a friend of mine says they have heard There Was A Time.
Odd they aren't playing "Better"...I think that is the best of the leaks personally.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

IRS starts slowly..but its fantastic by the end. "The Blues" also has that "yesterdays" style crossover GNR appeal to it I feel.

If only we'd get a real single. Immagine proper mastered versions of these songs. fuck it would be good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

A friend of mine just called me. He has a friend that lives out in Kansas City, and apparently one of the stations out there (I didn't catch the name, sorry) - just played IRS. It's my understanding that they promoted it as "the new Guns N' Roses song."

I'll try to get more details from the source tonight - my friend has no reason to make shit up as he's not a Guns fan at all. I just found it interesting that a station would take the chance to play one of the leaks especially after all of the cease and desist orders went around.

Thanks for posting the info, but I pretty much agree with everyone that this is just a station randomly playing the track. I could send my local radio station CD, and they would most likely play it within hours, at least once.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I could send my local radio station CD, and they would most likely play it within hours, at least once.

AH HA - now we know who's hoarding the record.  You could only send it to them if you had it!  13

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I e-mailed the only Kansas City Rock Radio Station i could find on google, 98.9 The Rock and asked if they were playing IRS. the first guy told me to talk to neanderpaul so when i, in turn, e-mailed neanderpaul here is what he said.

"Not recently.

I have played new GnR several times but have received legal orders to stop doing so."

so either i have the wrong station or this is false info. and as perviously stated, it's probably an old version anyways.

apparently he is bored cause he keep s e-mailing me back.

"There's been no release from anyone on the label side. Nor, are they even suggesting it would be.

Rumor has it, a download-per-song digital delivery will be the preferred method of release as it would defer the already stupid-high costs for this CD. Any way the label doesn't have to produce a hard product would save them cash.

I'll be sure to let you know if/when I receive more stuff as I have a pipeline to materials."

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

another e-mail: when asked how reliable his source of the digital release rumor was:

"Fairly. I have friends at the label. I'd hold it until I have a chance to talk to someone today.

I'll look into finding the source of the newest alleged leak. Normally, I get them. I have a few tracks. Some of which may, or may not have already leaked. i have I think 2, or 3 versions of IRS, and Catcher in the Rye. 3 versions of Better. I'd have to check on the others"

nothing new there about the leaks

Board footer